The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

And back home again...

ScottsGT

Daughter called yesterday with a 100.9 fever from her cottage she lives in at college.  Momma told her to get home where she can keep a close but distant eye on her.  She’s getting a COVID test tomorrow and with her living under our roof (but isolated upstairs) I’m not allowed back at work until she has a negative test.  Oh, and she told us that her 4 other friends she went out with last week all tested positive. 

She’s been under 100 for almost 24 hours now and doing pretty good.  So today I took my COVID test, but I have to have another before returning to work.  Yay! 

• Like 5

5 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

Thanks guys.  This morning I woke up with a sore throat.  All I could think of was “I touched the same door knob she used....”. Funny how the mind plays tricks on you.  

There's plenty other bugs going around. I had a sore throat one evening, woke up the next day with real hoarse voice. The next morning, nothing.... like it never happened.

• Like 2

Just got results.  She tested hot for COVID.  She’s a week in on symptoms now.  Thankfully none for us at this time.  Wife is heading out to get tested now.  I’ve got to do another test before returning to work.  I did a test the day before she came home and it was negative.  

• Like 2

Well life is back to normal.   State Agency cleared her, wife tested negative and daughter drove back to her apartment and started cleaning it out for her move.  
thanks all.  Prayers worked!  

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Just an update.  I haven’t been allowed back to work due to her coming home until I was self quarantined for 14 days and tested positive myself.  Just got my results back yesterday from my test over a week before.  Negative of course.  

I still have to verify with Student Health Services to make sure there are no procedures or anal probes necessary first.

Her COVID cost me more time off that it did her.   

• Like 1