Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Anyone affected by the west coast fires?

biggtim

Just wondered how everyone on the left coast is faring during the wildfires. It's been pretty crazy here in Washington. The first major fire of the season started a few miles from home, the Evans Canyon fire, and burned 6 homes and 80k acres, but it's petering out finally. Our department was the initial response on it before the state got mobilized. I got to fight it for about 8 hours during a major wind driven flare up that took out all the homes. It was tough to watch them burn right next to me and not be able to do anything. No lives lost here, thankfully, but quite a few in other fires. Just seeing if y'all are ok.

Tim

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh, Tim, you have NO idea how bad the smoke is here in southern British Columbia, it is so bad this morning I can hardly see the neighbors house, and cannot see the mountains, I would say visibility is about 1/4 mile here where I am

https://firesmoke.ca/forecasts/BSC12CA12/current

If you put this map in motion I am just above the #6 but in Canada.... and many thanks for asking.....

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

Thinking about you guys, I read one report that arsonists were reasonable for some of them, you’re got to be, not right to do that..........

I totally agree, Phil, there seems to be a lot of stuff going on over here that I would say the same thing......  self destruction, just seems kind of counter  productive in my book....

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, harv said:

We even have traces of the smoke here in southern Mo. Also, from what I've seen, there have been multiple arrests in arson....harv

I don't get why one would want to burn our beautiful forests...... such destruction, but when they come back they are vibrant....... I don't get the mentality.... myabe i'm on a different wave length...:wacko:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, harv said:

Jeff, I'm afraid you and I and many many more of will never figure it out. Our brains just aren't wired like that, thank God.....harv

Boy isn't that the truth...............  I thank the Lord for small mercies, and that is one of them for sure...

• Like 2

So , just got a notification that our mail service is to be suspended for at least the rest of this week due to fire smoke, as Canada Post doesn't want mail folks out in the crappy air...............man I will be glad to see the end of this year, sure is a lot of upside down stuff these days..... they will be safe at least, apparently we , here in the west have the worst air on the planet ...... not good....

• Like 1

On 9/14/2020 at 8:05 AM, harv said:

Jeff, I'm afraid you and I and many many more of will never figure it out. Our brains just aren't wired like that, thank God.....harv

Unfortunately, the prevailing attitude for many people these days...

IMG_20200917_073425.thumb.jpg.cbaa6e504095478b0ca6ca9db094a345.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1