The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Here is my Pfalz D.XII that I built in 18 days before the launch of the kit at the NZ IPMS Nationals back in 2011.... Built from the Box... Ezline has been used for the rigging.

_DSC4192.jpg

_DSC4193.jpg

_DSC4189.jpg

_DSC4193.jpg

_DSC4190.jpg

• Like 3

Another absolute stunner. The oil staining and spattering under the wings is perfect - any chance of a 'how to' - it really makes the model come to life?

Yea I think I could do something!

Give me a few days and will knock something up...

• Like 1

Yea I think I could do something!

Give me a few days and will knock something up...

Great!

The thought of spattering (if that's how it's done) a perfect paint/decal job like that fills me with terror...If I tried something like that, I know it would turn out looking like I'd sneezed on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful work Dave. This same model and scheme was my first and (as of now) only WWI model. Can't tell from the pics., but did you manage to include the rigging that runs from the forward cabine strut to just below the machine guns?  The instructions weren't that clear and I failed to predrill the fuse. and by the time I figured it out it was too late to drill without risking damage. Also, I found the inboard struts too short, or the cabine struts too long. Did you have any problem there, or was it something I screwed up somewhere along the line?  :huh: