Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

1/32 Wingnut Wings Sopwith Snipe Early

My Early Sopwith Snipe that was build for the Wingnut Wings Website... but lives in my Cabinet at home now :)

Build from the box, EZ Line and Prym Knit in Elastic used for the rigging lines..

_DSC4196.jpg

_DSC4195.jpg

_DSC4197.jpg

_DSC4199.jpg

_DSC4200.jpg

• Like 3

Well that's not rubbish is it? Cracking build Dave .. love the weathering and the streaky oil.

Regards,

Grant "The Snipe" 

PS: Looking at the oil, did you know that most fighter pilots suffered from the most debilitating case of the "pharaoh's two-step" - it was because of all the castor oil that was vaporised and subsequently breathed in. Urgh!.

Again, consistently superb work. The subtle weathering works extremely well on this one - and I know from experience that it's difficult to bring a low contrast scheme to life.

Would be nice to have a picture of your display cabinet!

• 2 weeks later...

Grant "The Snipe" 

PS: Looking at the oil, did you know that most fighter pilots suffered from the most debilitating case of the "pharaoh's two-step" - it was because of all the castor oil that was vaporised and subsequently breathed in. Urgh!.

Whoaaaa, THAT couldn't have been good in the middle of a dogfight!!!!  :o  :wacko:  :blink:

• 1 month later...