The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Hello, I incidentally found you w.i.p. and it's very interesting for me because I just received my Italeri kit and starting looking around for some additions. Among them I found and ordered to Isradecal the ATAR 9C Exhaust and seat, so I have a couple of questions for you, if you don't mind. Did you got your Isradecal items locally or from Israel? If the latter is the case, did you got a good service from them? In my case isn't so, so far. Sent an email after the order, no answer. Many thanks in advance. Alberto

• Like 4

2 hours ago, alberto49 said:

Hello, I incidentally found you w.i.p. and it's very interesting for me because I just received my Italeri kit and starting looking around for some additions. Among them I found and ordered to Isradecal the ATAR 9C Exhaust and seat, so I have a couple of questions for you, if you don't mind. Did you got your Isradecal items locally or from Israel? If the latter is the case, did you got a good service from them? In my case isn't so, so far. Sent an email after the order, no answer. Many thanks in advance. Alberto

Sorry to say but I made the same experience you have now. I didn’t find any other source except Raanans Shop in Israel. So bought all stuff from him directly. It took weeks to leave his post-office and one delivery never arrived and he had to send it twice. 
It‘s really a mess getting an answer from him. 
So I won‘t say that he offers good service. 
The parts itself are really nice, the decals are awesome. Very high quality standard. 
But I still have to use them. This is only the first impression. Had to do some rework on the bangseat and never got the brass-parts for the seats which he forgot to deliver...Had to replace them by scratchbuilding...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Alberto

I also ordered the AM upgrade resin sets plus a reference book direct from Ran’an in Israel. My order was acknowledged but no responses to any further emails. It took a bit but my order showed up complete and not that much extra time was required considering it was an overseas order. I would not hesitate to place additional orders and need to factor in shipping times

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

• Like 4

Last night I detailed all wheel-wells with Eduard brass. Much of it left over since the detail on the Italeri parts is really nice and 3D compared to 2D Eduard.
For the main landing gear wheel well you have to change the assembly of the gear-strut to be assembled at the end when you want to use the brass parts. 
But this is also better for the painting-process and no problem at all.

The prominent ejector pin mark on the font nosewheel door will be eliminated. 

Next will be primary painting of the wells and detail-painting and weathering.

3ADDA089-F3B0-4668-BD43-70FDB9596E7A.jpeg

604A5A1F-D750-4F28-BD26-0237406FCADA.jpeg

F982475F-317D-4D82-B83A-7F0E05EF479E.jpeg

ED9C97A0-EC2B-4239-94AD-AD5552669328.jpeg

776A3A31-F181-473E-A890-07E2602D1300.jpeg

195AD056-A9EE-48AB-973A-E1521265E5DA.jpeg

6A7B7597-454E-4FA9-ACA3-CF78A374EC26.jpeg

33399AE6-38E9-488B-876B-AB5CD10EE4F7.jpeg

5A44CD52-6239-4C57-BAD8-95F4F947B913.jpeg

DE35D2B9-BC5F-477A-A313-F3A9846DB75C.jpeg

• Like 8

Nice, the brass adds some extra detail and will look good under a layer of paint.
Hannants has some Isradecal sets in their portfolio, not for the Mirage unfortunately. Maybe they could be convinced to order some.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Alberto

I also ordered the AM upgrade resin sets plus a reference book direct from Ran’an in Israel. My order was acknowledged but no responses to any further emails. It took a bit but my order showed up complete and not that much extra time was required considering it was an overseas order. I would not hesitate to place additional orders and need to factor in shipping times

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

Hi Peter,

many thanks for your answer. Just one question, Ran'an you mention above is someone belonging to Isradecal Sudio? In any case, I can do very little on this model until I receive the ejection seat and the tail cone. But, no worries, I still have to finish my 1/32 Italeri F-104G and Tamiya F4U1A, so I'm very busy. As soon as I will organise some pictures, I start a couple of threads in these pages.

Alberto

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, alberto49 said:

Hi Peter,

many thanks for your answer. Just one question, Ran'an you mention above is someone belonging to Isradecal Sudio? In any case, I can do very little on this model until I receive the ejection seat and the tail cone. But, no worries, I still have to finish my 1/32 Italeri F-104G and Tamiya F4U1A, so I'm very busy. As soon as I will organise some pictures, I start a couple of threads in these pages.

Alberto

Alberto, 

Raanan Weis is the owner of Isracast and Isradecal. He is a nice guy. Got to know him in Telford 2019. But not so reliable in his business. 

Just wait for your order to arrive. Maybe you get it fast and without any missing parts! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, DocRob said:

Nice, the brass adds some extra detail and will look good under a layer of paint.
Hannants has some Isradecal sets in their portfolio, not for the Mirage unfortunately. Maybe they could be convinced to order some.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob, I hope so too!

Didn‘t know that Hannants offers some IsraDecal Stuff! Interesting! 

• Like 4

On 3/20/2021 at 3:19 PM, Kaireckstadt said:

Alberto, 

Raanan Weis is the owner of Isracast and Isradecal. He is a nice guy. Got to know him in Telford 2019. But not so reliable in his business. 

Just wait for your order to arrive. Maybe you get it fast and without any missing parts! 

Good news about my stuff from Isradecal: today I got a mail telling me that the shipped and a tracking number!

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Kaireckstadt said:

Started painting of the wheel wells.

Gunze flat white with a coat of Future as preparation for the oilcolor weathering at the end.

Detail painting started. Still some work to do...

BA00DF53-FF60-44CA-A11A-FBABD5326565.jpeg

75393BFE-4FA0-49FD-9D91-A435E5336A9D.jpeg

F50DB002-9A5F-42AE-AF25-A4593ADE9AF5.jpeg

97F0A383-AEA1-4E17-9B05-C06DBC752BDA.jpeg

4E29EF3C-272C-4E71-AC09-4D3EE877D1B5.jpeg

0A4D524B-C361-4F7A-8781-B859A36954C1.jpeg

Nice clean work, i'am looking forward when you can put the camouflage colors on, absolutely love the Mirage, the IAF really made the aircraft work for them, as an interceptor it was a good opponent for the mig21 and the Hawker hunter in the Egyptian and Jordanian airforce.

(I could not help myself and got my Mirage from the shelf of doom and dusted it of, I must really complete this bird, your build is giving me the enthusiasm to continue with it, but first the Catalina must be done)

A picture from my Mirage, I was also going to build an Israeli bird,

IMG_1550.jpg.b13ecb20fa7295c512cfd3553ff3ca70.jpg

Cheers,

Frank

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Trigger said:

Nice clean work, i'am looking forward when you can put the camouflage colors on, absolutely love the Mirage, the IAF really made the aircraft work for them, as an interceptor it was a good opponent for the mig21 and the Hawker hunter in the Egyptian and Jordanian airforce.

(I could not help myself and got my Mirage from the shelf of doom and dusted it of, I must really complete this bird, your build is giving me the enthusiasm to continue with it, but first the Catalina must be done)

A picture from my Mirage, I was also going to build an Israeli bird,

IMG_1550.jpg.b13ecb20fa7295c512cfd3553ff3ca70.jpg

Cheers,

Frank

Thanks for your feedback Frank!

You already are very far with your build! 
And you also choose the Atar 9C option!

Where are the extra parts from? Mine are from Isracast. 
I‘m also looking forward to the paintjob because I personally love the Israeli Camouflage Scheme.

I‘m really curious how yours will turn out!

This is my bible for the build which is a really nice small book with lots of pics and informations.

3A26FEF3-A579-4D35-8231-6A08E9F7C481.thumb.jpeg.af4119ff4f378086a97a3a7b8ba61473.jpeg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Kaireckstadt said:

Thanks for your feedback Frank!

You already are very far with your build! 
And you also choose the Atar 9C option!

Where are the extra parts from? Mine are from Isracast. 
I‘m also looking forward to the paintjob because I personally love the Israeli Camouflage Scheme.

I‘m really curious how yours will turn out!

This is my bible for the build which is a really nice small book with lots of pics and informations.

3A26FEF3-A579-4D35-8231-6A08E9F7C481.thumb.jpeg.af4119ff4f378086a97a3a7b8ba61473.jpeg

Hi Kai,

I have the very same book, used it also as a reference for my build, my conversion set was also from Isra cast,

at some point I will continue with this build, I think Italeri gave us a pretty good platform to build a Mirage all though the kit has it flaws, but it's the best kit available in this scale so far. I will certainly continue with it, and in the meantime I will be watching your build,

Frank

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Trigger said:

Hi Kai,

I have the very same book, used it also as a reference for my build, my conversion set was also from Isra cast,

at some point I will continue with this build, I think Italeri gave us a pretty good platform to build a Mirage all though the kit has it flaws, but it's the best kit available in this scale so far. I will certainly continue with it, and in the meantime I will be watching your build,

Frank

That’s nice Frank! So we have the same requirements.  
Since I didn’t use any Isracast-parts in the past I will share my experiences with you here. 

• Like 1