The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Fw190A-8 3/JG1 crash Vreeland

• Administrators
7 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Insane detail, just lovely .  :notworthy:

Some setback. This morning i checked last night’s progress and i noticed the engine is crooked. Needs to be alligned. This evening I’ll see if this is an easy fix…

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, JeroenPeters said:

Some setback. This morning i checked last night’s progress and i noticed the engine is crooked. Needs to be alligned. This evening I’ll see if this is an easy fix…

Maybe not a big issue if this a crashed aircraft ... The engine mountings may have taken some beating and twisting in the crash process anyway, resulting in a crooked engine ...

Love the detailing and finish :popcorn:

Hubert

• Like 3

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Looks really sharp Jeroen, however it seems that the cowling ring has a downward angle, maybe it's just a distortion of the lens, if so, please disregard .

Cheers

Martin

Just checked. Only looks that way. Thank god! More work on the base. Weathering and ordered a engraved data plate to go on the base.

C9EB6D37-61C9-475F-8161-AFDFF1200F64.jpeg

C6AAFAD1-45DF-46EB-A63B-4EF3666BE462.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Utterly stunning sir, bravo! Just a thought, if the model is "under repair" in the diorama, it'd be normal to put the undercart legs onto axle-stands, or large wooden blocks, rather than having the bottom of the oleo's on the ground, I would think, 

• Like 3