The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Pocher 1932 Rolls Royce

Brilliant work. Ten hours on a wheel and only four more to go! The kit is surely not only a magnificent, a true replica down to the last nut and bolt but a sure fired test of the builders patience and skill.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Havnt done much lately as Ive been indulging myself in my other hobby,live steam!!

I built the fuel tank filling in the seam setc and the fuel lines. These were made from a guitar string. Brake linkages fitted to the chassis.

The rear axle ready to be fitted to the springs but they cant be used. Bent to a completely different shape (pic) than whats required!! Im going to buy some stainless spring kits from Model Motorcars in the USA. Ive thrown the clunky old links supplied and bought replacements from this company and you can see they are cast in bronze and look superb and will fit with the minimum of play?

IMG_1185.JPG

IMG_1186.JPG

IMG_1187.JPG

IMG_1188.JPG

IMG_1189.JPG

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Nice progress and how can a manufacturer of such an expensive kit includes parts that do not fit at all?
glade to see you found replacement parts

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

Thats true bud, They say if you can build a Pocher you can build anything lol!!!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 10/29/2021 at 11:34 AM, Peterpools said:

Nice progress and how can a manufacturer of such an expensive kit includes parts that do not fit at all?
glade to see you found replacement parts

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

Hi Peter,been out of action recently due to ill health but Im good to go now? Finally got the replacement springs and they really look good!

At least this model wont 'sag' over time? Some pics to show how nice they look compared to the Pocher rubbish?

IMG_1337.JPG

IMG_1338.JPG

IMG_1339.JPG

• Like 7

What difference ... night and day. The replacement springs look tremendous.

I'm starting to get the erg to do some large scale auto modeling when I get back to the bench myself. ... see what happens but still a good ways to go before our home reno is done and then bench time.

Keep 'em comin

Peter.

5 hours ago, Peterpools said:

What difference ... night and day. The replacement springs look tremendous.

I'm starting to get the erg to do some large scale auto modeling when I get back to the bench myself. ... see what happens but still a good ways to go before our home reno is done and then bench time.

Keep 'em comin

Peter.

Thanks Peter, starting on the brakes now........

• Like 2

It’s amazing that kits of such price leave so much room for improvement. I used to think that Pocher were the ultimate auto kits… Not so much now … But you are making a tremendous job out of it :popcorn:!

Hubert

• Like 3

13 hours ago, HubertB said:

It’s amazing that kits of such price leave so much room for improvement. I used to think that Pocher were the ultimate auto kits… Not so much now … But you are making a tremendous job out of it :popcorn:!

Hubert

Have to agree mate. Broken parts,some moulding not complete as you may have seen in and earlier picture I put up?

Those springs were $240 + £45 customs!!! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/10/2022 at 11:53 PM, Peterpools said:

Now that's some chunk of change but they do look fantastic

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Will do bud.....

A bit more done. I didnt like the chrome linkages on the brakes to toned them down with a bit of etching fluid. Ive swapped out the 'clunky' links for these cast bronze replacement,much better.

The rear axle is fitted together with all the brake rods etc...

IMG_1374.JPG

IMG_1363 (2).JPG

IMG_1361.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1