The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

The Arrow Wolf Focke Wulf Group Build

Grant

Arrow Wolf has gamely volunteered to sponsor / coordinate a Focke Wulf Group Build by the following rules:-

Focke Wulf  Group Build Rules.
  • The competition will begin 00.01hrs 1st September 2013 and conclude 23.59hrs 31st March 2014
  • The Group Build is intended for Focke Wulf aircraft in any variant.
  • Scale shall be 1:32nd and above only. 
  • Any media can be used along with any aftermarket upgrades / detail sets. Scratch building is also permitted or you can simply build O.O.B.
  • A Work In Progress thread must be opened for each separate entry.
  • Multiple entries are permitted provided they conform to all the other criteria laid down
  • All entries will be eligible for a prize. 
  • Any prizes will be decided upon and announced by Arrow Wolf at the earliest opportunity. 
  • All members, including staff, are eligible to participate.
  • A Completed Builds section will be opened for all completed entries. You must submit your build(s) to that section with no more than 10 photos allowed for each separate build. Please provide as many details as possible that may help the judge reach a decision.
  • Martin Philpott volunteered to be, and is therefore appointed, sole judge whose decisions shall be considered final.  
  • Please remember the good nature and intent of the forum, its members and staff at all times. If there is anything you are unsure of please ask the Group Build Coordinator, Grant.

Lastly, and as importantly, HAVE FUN!!

Grant.

• Like 3

• Members

My contribution to the prize fund will be Kagero's "Fw 190 Over Europe, Part 1":

http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/833-mini-topcolors-35-fw-190s-over-europe-part-i/

Since inevitably all the entries will be of exceptional quality, I'll be awarding this prize by a random draw.  Each completed entry (myself excluded, obviously!) gets you one ticket in the hat to be drawn by charming girlfriend Emy.

• Like 2

• Members

Rumor has it that a staff member, who shall remain anonymous (but his name rhymes with Rick Ray-Cue) used to be a pretty competent Luftwaffe modeler, maybe he can be coaxed out of writing reviews full time to actually work on a model?

THUD!  (sound of gauntlet hitting the floor) ;)

• Like 3

As in the BF109's GB I entered too late to get the job finished, this time I will join at the beginning. I hope to conclude at this Time. If it possible, I'm in.

This is the chance to build my Hase 190D9 "Papagei Staffel".

• Like 2

Rumor has it that a staff member, who shall remain anonymous (but his name rhymes with Rick Ray-Cue) used to be a pretty competent Luftwaffe modeler, maybe he can be coaxed out of writing reviews full time to actually work on a model?

THUD!  (sound of gauntlet hitting the floor) ;)

Hahaha... I hope he takes up the challenge. 

My contribution to the prize fund will be Kagero's "Fw 190 Over Europe, Part 1":

http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/833-mini-topcolors-35-fw-190s-over-europe-part-i/

Since inevitably all the entries will be of exceptional quality, I'll be awarding this prize by a random draw.  Each completed entry (myself excluded, obviously!) gets you one ticket in the hat to be drawn by charming girlfriend Emy.

Cheers Mike, very cool!  Let me look to see what I might have around to throw into the prize fund.

Ok, I'm in.  B)

Welcome Matt!

As in the BF109's GB I entered too late to get the job finished, this time I will join at the beginning. I hope to conclude at this Time. If it possible, I'm in.

Welcome aboard Paulo, good choice!

Hi Guys here is a build I did last year on Britmodeller also for a Fw-190 GB. It's not perfect but chows what can be done with a little persuasion.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234912441-fw-190-a1-iijg-1-conversion-hasegawa-fw190-a5/

I might be interested in doing one but that depends on if I still have some room in the end of this year.

Cheers,

Arnold

• Like 1

Paulo, this is good to hear.  I was really sorry you weren't able to complete your Messerschmitt but am pleased you'll have a chance to show your FW190D here !!

Hello every Group Builder.

I'm in with FW 190 V18/U1"Känguru" W.Nr 0040.

Hasegawa FW 190 A-5 + Planet models conversion

Cheers,

Jamme

Excellent Jamme - great choice!

Haven't heard the sound of a gauntlett being picked up and thrown again!!

I'm really looking forward to this and as such will add this to the Prize Pool (Hopefully as top prize?):

Hasegawa - 1:32nd Focke Wulf FW109A-5 - Nowotny Limited Edition

FW190A-5MainImage_zps9699e389.jpg

• Like 3

• Members

Really having a tough time deciding!  I've got Hasegawa A-5's, A-8's and D-9's in the stash.  Additionally I have Montex coversion sets to do an A-4, and a D-11.  Also have the Rutman D-13 and Ta 152C conversions.  How the hell am I suppsed to decide?!

• Like 1

Really having a tough time deciding!  I've got Hasegawa A-5's, A-8's and D-9's in the stash.  Additionally I have Montex coversion sets to do an A-4, and a D-11.  Also have the Rutman D-13 and Ta 152C conversions.  How the hell am I suppsed to decide?!

Maybe you can make them all? :mellow:  :rolleyes:  :)  :D

Cheers,

Jamme

• Like 1

Paulo, this is good to hear.  I was really sorry you weren't able to complete your Messerschmitt but am pleased you'll have a chance to show your FW190D here !!

Excellent Jamme - great choice!

Haven't heard the sound of a gauntlett being picked up and thrown again!!

I'm really looking forward to this and as such will add this to the Prize Pool (Hopefully as top prize?):

Hasegawa - 1:32nd Focke Wulf FW109A-5 - Nowotny Limited Edition

FW190A-5MainImage_zps9699e389.jpg

Ohhh... awesome prize, VERY generous of you!

Hmmm... lots of good choices!  My vote is for the D-11 or D-13- just sayin!

• 2 weeks later...

As I no longer work in WW2 (except for a final project soon), here is my contribution to the GB ;)

Errr,  I think that's a little more than 1% started Jim .... in other words ... CHEAT !!  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

(It is a beautiful bird though)

I have a Hasegawa 1/32 FW-190A-8 I started on a few years back, and ran into some real difficulties with it.  So far, the cockpit is installed, the fuselage glued together and the wings are on.  Could I do this one in addition to my D-9 here?  Wasn't sure if it qualified or not.

• Members

Frank,

I'm never real good at estimating how far along a kit is in terms of percentage.  If the consensus is it's too far along, maybe enter it as kind of a "For Display Only".  Part of the GB but maybe not eligible for a prize?  I'll defer to Grant and Martin though since they're handling the organization and judging.

• Like 2