The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

WnW Fokker D.VII (Fok)

JeroenPeters

As I said I'd bring my two cubs today to the SIG Air War '39-'45 meeting I feel I HAVE to "pollute" Jeroen's thread with a couple of pics:

My two cubs and me modelling, maybe they'll take over the modelling torch from our generation?

Erikendecubs3.jpg

Jeroen was also present

Erikeneencubeneenalien.jpg

As was Cees with the local yellow sparkly

CeesHeineken.jpg

Now back to the regular scheduled program; Jeroen's D.VII build!

Cheers,

Erik.

Edited by Erik B.
After consultation with Steven we BOTH decided to change our postings because they conveyed another message than we wanted to send
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

Had to really look for this topic! It got buried under so many great builds :)

I did not abandon this build. Here's the Ol Propellor lozenge on the wing undersides. Really thin and delicate stuff. This can be a blessing and a curse.

Just masked the wheels with my circle cutter. I will only use one closed wheel, but I'll paint two and use the one that turns out nicest :)

Cheers!

DVII_1_zps6ded3d7f.jpg

• Like 4

• Administrators

This crept out of nowhere ;)

You've made some great progress on this one. I wondered what had happened to it. I still intend to get back to my D.VII sometime. Looks like you're on the final straits now...

That looks terrific Jeroen. Great choice of colour scheme matey - it'll look fantastic once weathered and dirtied up etc to your usual level (Of course, I'm not suggesting that you personally have a usual level of smuttiness! :rofl: )

• Like 1

• Administrators

Hi Jeroen,

Your Fokker looks fantastic. Were the lozenge decals the transparent or opaque (white film) versions?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thnx! The lozenge is printed on a white carrier. I did prime and gloss the surface though.

• 1 month later...

She is just beautiful!

I can't wait to see your final photos Jeroen.  I reckon you've just nailed that red paintwork.  This is a colour that I've never been brave enough to try, your skills have been most wonderful to follow during the build log.

Can you send me your finished photos?  I would like to put them in my Spoked Wheel Shop Gallery Page.

Very Best Regards

I see a most happy landing here.

Steven Robson