The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

MWP Project "Starfighter" : Lockheed/Canadair CF 104 G - Italeri kit 1/32 scale model

aquatarkus10

Hi to all

I present another project, after the Convair B-58 'Hustler', made with the same technique of the metal coating (aluminum tape) that I have called for convenience MWP (Metal Work Panels).
It is an evolution of the now mature technique to face a good number of models and the CF 104 'Starfighter' represents a huge step forward.
The model is based on the Italeri kit with all the strengths and weaknesses reconnected and has been equipped with many accessories (Eduard, Brassin, CMK, Canuck Decals, Master Barrel and Aires).
Several parts have been modified, detailed and self-built with the Cnadian Museum as a reference.
The version chosen is that belonging to 417 * SQN, n. 744 'Cold Lake Alberta' (1970) undergoing maintenance and rearmament of the Vulcan M61 / A six rotary cannon eliminated from the model in the (cold war) phase to meet the needs of possible acceptance of the nuclear load.
The model was finished with an ultra-thin, self-adhesive metal tape coating according to the panel cloning and heat transfer procedure.

This is the result:

xqBSrBJ.jpg?1

The cockpit : Aires + Eduard (BigEd)

k37sRdD.jpg?1

MWP : aluminium tape (self adhesive w/protection film)

nAbrSNN.jpg?1

6J9ptai.jpg?1

MWP : to be continued

93BlaFN.jpg?1

b6MfiWH.jpg?1

MWP Project : final result

8iJU3xR.jpg?1

ajmrkys.jpg?1

dBBsrql.jpg?1

xv6hCus.png?1

CF 104 G in maintenance: Noy's Miniature 3D HUD Display (full customized via plotter):

h6I84Kp.jpg?1

Otken2w.jpg?1

BNFnfO2.jpg?1

AnYro5o.jpg?1

nHWW9z5.jpg?1

6QQ1OzA.jpg?1

For more  info & pics : APM

Thanks for your interest and for your time

George

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1