Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Tamiya Spitfire VIII

8 minutes ago, DocRob said:

That pit looks sweet, John. Nice painting and weathering, a very believable rendition.

Cheers Rob

Thank you Rob! I like it too. There are a couple of little things to add yet but it's mostly done. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Very nice John.

Made me look in the stash at what Tamiya Spitfires I had left. I knew I had a pair of the XVIs but was surprised to find a IX too. 

Carl

Thanks. A nice surprise I guess! :)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

John

Absolutely stellar work - your Spit is looking fantastic and it's easy to see you're back to feeling 100% now.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Thanks Peter. This build is coming right along I'm pleased to say. I'm still not 100% but much better. :)

• Like 3

John

Looking mighty good - your progress is phenomenal!   Of the two Tamiya Spits I've done, one is with the Merlin hanging out in the wind and the other Spit, closed cowling. Even though it's nice to look at the Merlins, she Spit looks better with the engine cowling closed up.

Keep 'em comin

Peter 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Looking mighty good - your progress is phenomenal!   Of the two Tamiya Spits I've done, one is with the Merlin hanging out in the wind and the other Spit, closed cowling. Even though it's nice to look at the Merlins, she Spit looks better with the engine cowling closed up.

Keep 'em comin

Peter 

I agree Peter. One of my earlier builds, a MK IX, has the engine exposed with added plumbing, etc. Just not my cup of tea as I prefer the closed cowling look. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1