The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Trumpeter 1/16 T 72

12 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Another beautiful behemoth, 1/16 is becoming very popular……for me a little cost prohibitive at present….

I thought I would like 1/16.  But when I was weathering my 1/16 Pz I, I found it difficult to adjust to the large areas to weather.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, GazzaS said:

I thought I would like 1/16.  But when I was weathering my 1/16 Pz I, I found it difficult to adjust to the large areas to weather.

I've been thinking about how I'm going to paint this thing. Years ago when I built my big

Tamiya tanks I used a spray can. Now I don't know if I've even have enough paint to cover

this thing! I like the big 1/16 tanks and I have a stash of them and will probably buy another this week. Because this tank has the side skirts molded in, I'll probably paint the

Turret, upper, and lower hulls separately then assemble the three parts.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Looks great. All that track cleanup definitely looks to be a bit of a pain. Hopefully it's not too stressful.

Carl

No, not stressful, just tedious and mindlessly repetitive. Actually, if You just pin the tracks

together as is, they are tight and can posed as you need but don't expect the tank to roll.

You really can't see any track sag as the molded -in side skirts prevent viewing of the

upper part of the tracks. I've see photos of these tanks without the side skirts however.

• Like 3

On 12/7/2021 at 8:54 PM, GazzaS said:

Gaz

Working in various scales does take some time to adjust to the size, real estate and to just plain old get the feel.

Keep ‘em comin

Peter

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...