The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Baby Pants

krow113

1 minute ago, Wumm said:

*Asks for an example...

*Gets given an example...

*Straight away, doubles down on the abuse and makes light of the consequences.

You really don't realise your own behaviour, do you? You think that Krow interrupting someone else's thread and attacking him there is acceptable behaviour? You think that abusing complete strangers is par for the course? You think the rules don't apply to you?

No, Smitty. I'm not the Hypocrite here.

S

Attacking complete strangers? Mr Jackson I assume....that's insane?! Abuse? Consequences? I also never said what he did after the posts were removed was acceptable, however there was nothing wrong with his first post that was removed. It was a picture of a P-51 racer he had sold! I took issue with that being removed.

• Like 1

You still don't understand, do you?

4 minutes ago, smitty44 said:

I also never said what he did after the posts were removed was acceptable, however there was nothing wrong with his first post that was removed.

You don't get to make that call.

Annoying isn't it, how other people sometimes make the rules and you have to abide by them?

S

• Administrators
4 hours ago, JeroenPeters said:

Hi Smitty,

in hindsight i may not have removed the post. I sometimes get requests from the forum during my busy daytime job as director marketing and communications of a 1500 employee company and then act swiftly trying to piss out an emerging fire. Having said that: I also hope that all of us can think twice before reporting something. Most reports deal with spammers. Sadly sometimes it concerns abbrasions between members.

I’m going to stand up for Jeroen here.  If I had been on the ball here, I would have been on this, not Jeroen.
This happened in my time zone area which is really my responsibility. Jeroen acted because I was unable to do so.  He had to do so quickly. If you want to blame anyone, blame me. 
We’re all human, guys. Things happen.  I’ve deleted posts here that in retrospect I wish I hadn’t. In one case I actually restored the vanished post after I reflected on it.  I’ve taken heat for it from members and willingly listen with an open mind to all sides. 
I promise y’all, you’re never going to find a more laid back, fair, and open minded moderating team anywhere.  Not blowing our horns, it’s just fact. 
Unlike other places that’ll instantly ban you if you dare question a mod, we encourage it. To a point. Because we’re human.

Krow’s thread was a shit show. He should have talked to us. We could have fixed any grievance. Those things that stick out on the side of our heads aren’t just decorations. We listen, as y’all know. 
Please guys, let’s get back to building models. And talking together like the friends we are. We’re Not TOS and I refuse to act like we are. 
This isn’t my first run in with Krow. He’s been on my radar and the recipient of an attitude adjustment in the past. That was quite awhile ago. I guess it never took.  I don’t stand for gloating about an outcome either. What happened, happened. Let’s remember, COVID SUX and we’re all on the ragged edge right now. 
Peace, y’all. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Wumm said:

From the Border Lancaster thread...

Screenshot_2022-01-08-23-39-33-89.thumb.jpg.231b22f73098bddd20a221bed72f8e31.jpg

Abusing an individual you don't know, about a situation you don't understand or have first-hand knowledge of. Then...Screenshot_2022-01-09-09-52-59-37.thumb.jpg.76a4ffc077c19b67dca1b4e042d978a7.jpg

Laughing at the consequences. That only took 5 minutes by the way.

Unsurprisingly, it's so second nature to you, that you don't even realise when you're doing it.

S

OK.  Time to give this crap a rest.  ☠️ 💣 ☠️  We can all mine everyone’s previous posts and find something. 

Time to take a deep breath and step back.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

At first I wasn't going to comment after reading all the posts and comments but the core of the situation is being completely missed: the build thread itself. The author of each build thread takes upon himself the manor of construction of the kit, the build thread theme, comments, solutions to problems encountered, the quality of photography and the presentation. For all who take this route, it's a lot of hard work we do for all to enjoy and learn from. What a build thread isn't, is an open invitation to comment, start a discussion that has nothing to do with the build thread or post any photos you want of other builds. Historical photos are always welcome as a terrific source of information and help.

Want to post photographs of your own work or comment on what you feel was an error in building, no problem - send a PM first - it works wonders. Everyone has the opportunity to voice their opinion but use some common sense and try an avoid ruffling feathers  - send that PM first. If you still feel something needs to be said, start your own thread and do not include it in the build thread. Just not that hard to do. I'm willing to bet 99% of the time, the individual who started the thread will have no objections, it's just common courtesy.

Just take a few seconds, think and be considerate. After all what would the forum be if those that take the time to create threads decided for whatever reason, it isn't worth the time, effort and aggravation?

Peter

• Like 10

• Administrators

Well said. 
Every person here has differing feelings on his own build thread. I’m as wide open as it gets, others want to be more pointed. 
Have doubts, a PM works wonders and avoids tors being stepped on.    
For example, if I want to publish your build thread or your RFI on our Facebook page, I always ask permission first. 

• Like 4

OK then, in the spirit of your own post... 

21 minutes ago, Clunkmeister said:

Unlike other places that’ll instantly ban you if you dare question a mod, we encourage it.

I would just like some clarification please.

You're more offended that I highlighted a case of abusive that the actual member who posted it asked me to include, than the actual abusive post at the time... That you as Moderator allowed to stand on the Forum in the first place?

Just so we know what kind of behaviour is acceptable from this point onwards of course.

S

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Wumm said:

OK then, in the spirit of your own post... 

I would just like some clarification please.

You're more offended that I highlighted a case of abusive that the actual member who posted it asked me to include, than the actual abusive post at the time... That you as Moderator allowed to stand on the Forum in the first place?

Just so we know what kind of behaviour is acceptable from this point onwards of course.

S

Let me help you on this.  PUT THIS CRAP TO BED.  Give it a rest. We don’t generally remove posts. You, more than most, know this. We choose to let stuff stand.  I don’t want a pissing match here or a gloatfest. COOL YOUR JETS AND STAND DOWN. 
This is over and it’s done with. Don’t go down that road of stirring the pot. Let it end. Deep breath, step back from the keyboard. Go build something and this will age out. 

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. 

• Like 5

If nothing else, it certainly has been a spirited conversation.... and I think you're right Ern, the Covid stuff has made everyone edgy ,and from where I'm sitting it has spilled out here a little bit.... also from where I sit, I really like this place, and I really like all of you guys, like a family we argue once in a while and sometimes it gets a bit heated with emotion.... lots of good points made over this and maybe now that there has been some venting everyone can take a little bit from this and reflect.... a couple things I DO know is... life is short , there isn't enough good beer in the world, ( we can always use a little more) and there is WAY TOO MUCH snow in my yard......  love you guys.... we are family..... (isn't there a song like that somewhere??)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3