Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Meng 1/24 Ford GT40

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Thanks John

I know for sure our bus tickets for the journey, has senior discounts! We surely earned them

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Yes indeed Peter. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, HubertB said:

I think the tires are OK, but the tread (i.e. the spacing of the font wheels) is still too large.

Which dtetracts from the look but not the quality of your build and the outstanding finish you achieved. As for the details of the Shelby collection car, they represent the car in its final version before it was retired, not necessarily as it was at one time of its career, like Le Mans 1966.

If the wheels are glued, so be it. Only the PITA guys like me will comment on it anyway :) ...

Otherwise, the way out is probably to thin the hub of the wheels outside of the disc to visually reduce the tread.

Hubert

Wheel spacing? Probably Putin's fault. 

• Haha 3

Thanks Kai, very much appreciated.

Great kit a load of enjoyment by the barrel full.  I'm planning on first starting my Tamiya Spitfire Mk XVIe and when I reach it's priming stage, starting my next race car build. Unfortunately. I tend to waver a lot as the breeze blows and the longer the time in between builds, the more I keep changing my mind. Right now the Castrol Jag seems to be the next car build but I've just added the Silk Cut Jag and an awesome Corvette C7.R. Loads of choices and which hits the bench could be anyone's guess at this point.  

Keep 'em comin

Peter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...