The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Revell Bf.109G-6 Fixes??

Artful69

Apparently I have a couple of Amur Reaver correction sets and props on the way to fix up the G-10 Erla kits I have … BUT … they have no stock of the G-6 correction, which - to my knowledge - was the best out there. 

So - needs must … does anyone else do anything to fix that mess that’s actually worth the outlay?

Rog :)

12 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Barracuda, Alleycat, and Quickboost are your friends.

This is my recent revell G6 build.

Cheers Gaz ...

It looks like I'll have to order the entire Barracuda parts catalogue! 

Will read when I have time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Cheers Gaz ...

It looks like I'll have to order the entire Barracuda parts catalogue! 

Will read when I have time.

And yet some people over at TOS act like Revell makes good models. 

• Like 1

Hi Rog, Gazz is absolutely right, Barracuda has you covered. The most glaring problems are: - the gun cowlings, bulges, prop blades. You can top it up with the seat, intakes, tail wheel, even the elevators. I would get Eduard's wing cannons as well in case you're planning kanonenboot.

Cheers

Martin

15 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Hi Rog, Gazz is absolutely right, Barracuda has you covered. The most glaring problems are: - the gun cowlings, bulges, prop blades. You can top it up with the seat, intakes, tail wheel, even the elevators. I would get Eduard's wing cannons as well in case you're planning kanonenboot.

Cheers

Martin

That sounds expensive or build ZM G-14……….

• Like 1

Just to add the other perspective, I built one straight from the box and though it looked pretty good. I hardly notice the main issue which are the cannon bulges on the nose when she was in my cabinet. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, BradG said:

Just to add the other perspective, I built one straight from the box and though it looked pretty good.

That's Me Brad I build to keep the mind/hands from going idle some are purest at heart all good for me though it's having fun.I will walk that road only so often even then not to the extent of others life is short and to many kits.:hsmack:

• Like 2

Oh, Oh!!!   We forgot to mention the biggest thing!  The Revell main landing gear are trash.  Weak with a split construction that makes no sense.  I used brass gear on my kit, and then bought another set by SOW for the G-10 in my stash.

• Like 3