Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

F-82 G Twin Mustang 1:48 "MODELSVIT"

Sasha As

1 hour ago, RockieYarwood said:

Exquisite work on that cockpit Sasha!

As an aside, I've always liked this photo, and think it would make a great vignette to display with an aircraft. Can anyone ID the make and model of the car?

Cheers,  Rockie

Rockie thank you! The diorama idea is really good! As for the car in the photo, most likely it's a Buick.

Без названия.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I continue my work. That to understand the final result in the painting of the model started with the radar. It is easier to determine with further technique of painting and the general view.  "Twinmustangs" were operated quite intensively in the early period of the Korean War and the first air victories belong to them.

IMG_2136.JPG

IMG_2135.JPG

IMG_2139.JPG

IMG_2140.JPG

IMG_2141.JPG

IMG_2134.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Martinnfb said:

Absolutely stunning weathering and detail, museum quality. Sasha, did you use pencils for the chipping, or is it brush painted?

Cheers

Martin

Martin thank you! Mixed technology application of operational traces. Starting with airbrush work with highlighting panels and hatches, then sponging where necessary with light and dark areas, brushing, and pencils. Zincchromate applied before the main paint, then masking oil paint areas where there will be chips, applying carefully with a sponge. After painting, I remove it with a cotton swab.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Primed the model.  Before priming, I thoroughly abraded the surface with a foam based abrasive from 1500 to 3000. Added 60 gloss varnish to the primer, the surface should be extremely smooth with an excellent film on the surface before further painting. However, before that I had to remove the strange semicircles on the surface of the wings above and below (three per wing), on the fuselage they are almost not visible, but the same their traces are. Most likely something is wrong with the shape.

IMG_2143.JPG

IMG_2142.JPG

IMG_2144.JPG

IMG_2145.JPG

IMG_2147.JPG

IMG_2148.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1