The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

My 2022 completions... not so many as JohnB

GazzaS

Hi Friends!  2022 was the first full year where my dicta of a figure with every kit was enforced.  Because there aren't so many...   I'll post two pics of each.

First was the 1/48 scale Dragon Me-110D1 that  I kit-bashed into a D2.

h.JPG

b.JPG

Next up was this diminutive Revell Albatros D.III of Werner Voss in 1/72 scale for the group build of a local club.  Adding shadows and shape to the all-white tail was a primary goal of the build.

IMG_0601.JPG

IMG_0610.JPG

On this occasion I needed more figures than I really wanted to build and paint to tell the story.

IMG_0698.JPG

It was my first time trying to paint camouflage uniforms.  They didn't quite end up as planned...   but I can live with it for a first effort.

IMG_0701.JPG

I like clunky looking armor.  And the Jagdpanzer IV 70(A) has always been a favorite.  There was a short period of time where red-brown primer was dictated as the base coat...   so I took advantage to make a 'red' tank.

IMG_0885.JPG

IMG_0882.JPG

I take a month off for holidays every winter here in Australia, and I gave myself only that one month to build a complete diorama encompassing AFV Club's LeFH 18 105mm howitzer.

IMG_1008.JPG

Most of the crew is from Tamiya's Winter Assault set.  As an ex-artilleryman, I found it easy to convert their stooping figures into busy artillerymen.  The only figure not stooping was originally a figure of Rommel.

IMG_1010.JPG

Every once in a while I get the urge to cover a model in aluminum foil.  This time, I chose Tamiya's MiG-15bis.

IMG_1199.JPG

Tamiya also supplied the Russian jeep with driver.  Finding a Russian pilot of Korean War vintage was a bit difficult.  I was to discover while painting his face that he suffered from a cleft palate.

IMG_1233.JPG

My final completion of the year was Zoukei Moura's brand new Bf 109G-14.  Not content to be just another guy building Hartmann's machine, I chose a colorful scheme from JG 11.

IMG_1649.JPG

Amazingly enough...  I think my scratch-built lawn chair drew as many comments as did the model and figures.

IMG_1626.JPG

Thank you for looking, and have a happy new year!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, KevinM said:

Some Nice work Gary now the Mig-15 I had not seen before and the metal foil looks good.:notworthy:

I got 11 done this year not to bad working FT.;)

Thank you, Kevin!  That's a great completion rate.  You should show us some pics.

I don't know if I'll ever fully retire.  Once the mortgage is paid off, I'll drop a few hours.  But I don't want to be on a fixed income until I really need to not work.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, KevinM said:

I don't want to create/clog up your thread Gary.As to retiring I just want to do something different to supplement my income that's the wood work.;)

heh, heh...   I didn't say to clog up my thread.  Start your own.  Wood work?  Do explain, please.  Rough carpentry?  Sculpture?  Chain saw sculpture?  High quality furniture?

• Like 2

Gaz

I understand and initially agree about not fully retiring, just cutting back on the hours and stress for all the right reasons. Those were exactly my plans, but it just didn't work out that way. By the time I was in my early seventies, I had cut back my hours and was right on course, then cancer struct and life changed forever. If you can retire healthy and have your retirement savings set, retire - you just never know what life has in store for you. I never made my retirement and due to illness had to retire - but without all the plans we had made.

• Like 3

I hate our private message system have to use an external link for pics.:brickwall:

This is just a few Gary I generally only do mortise/tenon anymore and I clogged up the thread I will delete give me the nod no problem.;)

You seen the pics now time to come down ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Gaz

I understand and initially agree about not fully retiring, just cutting back on the hours and stress for all the right reasons. Those were exactly my plans, but it just didn't work out that way. By the time I was in my early seventies, I had cut back my hours and was right on course, then cancer struct and life changed forever. If you can retire healthy and have your retirement savings set, retire - you just never know what life has in store for you. I never made my retirement and due to illness had to retire - but without all the plans we had made.

I understand you, Peter.   Thank you for the advice.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

Gaz, a stunning years modelling. Very nice mixture of genres as well. Congrats…..

Thank you, Phil!  I always feel I should get more done, though.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, KevinM said:

I hate our private message system have to use an external link for pics.:brickwall:

This is just a few Gary I generally only do mortise/tenon anymore and I clogged up the thread I will delete give me the nod no problem.;)

14779179_rifles007.JPG

rifles 008.JPG

53387-91427bce1fa025f16ff46a89e4eceafa.jpg

51650-14ef2eb8e632a41cf282e077947569d9.jpg

51658-eaae66d46de860c722bb0a5c997ded2f.jpg

Kevin,

I love the furniture!  All of it looks great!  If I didn't live on another continent, I'd be begging you to sell me a display cabinet like you built...  It's awesome!  Thank you for sharing it with me. 

Great collection of aircraft in there, too!  Well done!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/3/2023 at 5:55 AM, Peterpools said:

Kev

Gorgeous furniture - a true craftsman and no question, your wife must love your woodworking passion and hobby.

Back in the day Peter it was worth it I got brownie points/sack time but at 62 tomorrow I do not care anymore :lol: I do have one small project for her and a big one.She wants a bed with drawers underneath it with all the sites I belong to no open plans?I think it's going to be like last build it just has to pour from the head it happens alot on the original stuff hardly write anything down it's just a vision.;)

• Like 2