The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Revell-S-100 Schnellboat-1/72

I will probably scrap this effort but it shows were I am going with this lousy pics I am no photographer. The box needs to be a tad bigger ,3/8 ball,.010" wire for the triggers,thread for weld seem,.010" plastic on sides,PE box from 1/350 kit up front and a 3/16' tube by it sliced in two.

S-100 001.JPG

S-100 002.JPG

S-100 003.JPG

WAMGER_Mines_Contact_pic.jpg

• Like 8

I kept hearing Peter in my head don't use macro So I listened to the ole man and did something different better me thinks.This one will hit the deck just the color?Would that NATO black be right I have to make a run to Mobile(I do not need another kit)

S-100 004.JPG

S-100 005.JPG

S-100 006.JPG

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

A few hours of work but complete the mines are glued in play this boat is moving out to whup ass..Life has been real busy of late first some JA stole some bills/checks out of the mailbox and altered one of them had to shut down a checking account I have had since 1984 @#$.The next thing was sickness and death of an old friend of the family since 1983 the Godmother to my son Father had the funeral yesterday being buried in Alexandria,LA today.I do work around the house for the GM she's a widow and handicapped.I am taking off the last week of the month and part of March so work I hope flows well then?I am really starting to get an itch for a plane I have one of these in the stash https://www.scalemates.com/kits/hasegawa-02338-kawanishi-h6k5-type-97-flying-boat-mavis-model-23-takuma-flying-group--1279557

S-100 001.JPG

S-100 002.JPG

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Kev

My condolences on the passing of your son's Godmother. You have had quite a week for sure and glad it's now behind you. The mines look fantastic, and you are surely in the home stretch.

For your next build, that's a unique choice - I don't think I've ever seen one built before - going to be interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks fellas all's well on the homefront misunderstanding it was the GM's father a man I have known for 30/35 years he is with the other two amigos they all built trikes with 1600cc VW engines back in the 80/90's.I have started building another gun for the boat a twin 20mm which I know was the historical version not the 3.7cm but it may win...........it may look more menacing with PE .;)

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Kev

Looking so good but if frustration is reeling you in, take a good break until you feel the juices are flowing at a 100% again. No rush, just too spectacular of a build for that.

That was my thinking may introduce the Mavis ;)

The frustration and things are going slow.The appendage in between the barrels I kid not atleast 5x trying to get it frigg'in right then it broke off one time :brickwall:I have the mags built for the box 5 of them.Time to prime.;)

S-100 001.JPG

S-100 003.JPG

• Like 7

Persistence persistence persistence has started paying off things have p/u a little speed today.The new middle battery is finished and glued in play the forward torpedo is glued the back tomorrow.I have moved on to the wheel house/cabin area just a few more trinkets and it gets glued sometime next week.The forward deck still needs much attention not just plastic but a little more PE here and there.My neighbor across the street plays electric guitar and gave me some 10gauge wire measures .010" better for the railings my other was .015"..I have some nice 3/4" scale chain for the back just needs to be blackened hopefully some of my gun stuff is still good not counting on it though might get my neighbor down the street who does wooden boats.That's it for now fellas.;)

S-100 001.JPG

S-100 002.JPG

• Like 6