The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Revell-S-100 Schnellboat-1/72

I started on mine after Christmas about 4/6 hours thus far the only thing painted is the wood just primer on the cabin area.The tedious part in away was the stanchion  hold downs along the side of the deck after placement I had to go drill them out so the plastic cement would hold.I have this coming in late January  https://www.ebay.com/itm/195508396220 ;)

S-100 001.JPG

S-100 002.JPG

S-100 003.JPG

S-100 004.JPG

• Like 10

Starting to settle down on some colors but need more specifics thus inbound   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/8365437716/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1    I have started painting the wood going my usual route these days getting better at it a color of linen down first,future and then a mix of oils and a fan brush.The wood process takes a few days to accomplish just to fully dry shades comes through.I will tape off the Light Grey on the deck and wood and paint the rest of the deck looks either Dk.Grey to a Bl.Grey the book that's inbound and more work on the cabin area.I have two nights of work and gym so later this week maybe even w/e before alot more occurs.;)

S-100 005.JPG

S-100 006.JPG

S-100 007.JPG

S-100 008.JPG

S-100 009.JPG

• Like 10

9 hours ago, belugawhaleman said:

Great subject for your build....watching this!

It has been interesting thus far.;)

8 hours ago, CANicoll said:

Very cool!  I've always wondered about this kit as I think it is a terrific subject.  Looking forward to your build, and the flak gun add-on. 

Chris

The fit has been pretty nice so far.Eduard has a kit for one on a S-100 if I remember kinda pricey but the book should have the details Chris.The devil is in the details and if Ernie uses the same Judges as last time they will go "we like the gun":lol:

6 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Nice start!  and glad to see another S-boat on the slips.

Thanks Gary I have been looking at this for awhile the GB gave it purpose.;)

2 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

You’re our JohnB of boats……….

I don't know about that Phil but I have a few ships built starting to wonder should my 2nd entry be to finish the USS America?:hsmack:

• Like 7

11 hours ago, KevinM said:

Starting to settle down on some colors but need more specifics thus inbound   https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/8365437716/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1    I have started painting the wood going my usual route these days getting better at it a color of linen down first,future and then a mix of oils and a fan brush.The wood process takes a few days to accomplish just to fully dry shades comes through.I will tape off the Light Grey on the deck and wood and paint the rest of the deck looks either Dk.Grey to a Bl.Grey the book that's inbound and more work on the cabin area.I have two nights of work and gym so later this week maybe even w/e before alot more occurs.;)

S-100 005.JPG

S-100 006.JPG

S-100 007.JPG

S-100 008.JPG

S-100 009.JPG

Kev

Nice start and the wood deck work looks great. Thanks for going through your painting technique.

Holy Smokes the PE Orange 1/72 German 20mm quadruple Flak 38 set looks awesome.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Holy Smokes the PE Orange 1/72 German 20mm quadruple Flak 38 set looks awesome.

It does look good but again I need the book to verify can't see why the they wouldn't of done it though they were susceptible to airstrikes.The build goes on hold quasi manner till more info can be ascertained.;)

• Like 5

This is were I am at I have a future over the linen thinned oils over that does not have to be neat/uniform.I will let this dry for a day roughly and come back with a fan brush slightly dampened with thinner and attempt to streak the wood areas to my liking.This works pretty good in 1/32 and I got some decent results on the Ki-9's propeller we'll see how it works out.;)

S-100 002.JPG

• Like 11

All for today not much :hsmack:I will run a scotch brite over the red smooth out and hit with another coat.The 37mm which I will not be using if the Quad Flak 38 goes in is at about 2/2.5 hrs right now.I got the book today different colors from Revell on the hull bottom they say Dark Grey the book this with a boot it's traditional the Kreigsmarine did it for the other ships?I looked up reviews for the book no one complained about the colors just the lack of interior pics for the guys in 1/35.I think it will break up the ship well.;)

S-100 001.JPG

• Like 9

I have hated the way Revell portrayed the stanchions on the boat I know it's 1/72 but their had to be a better way.Wa La I think I have the better way!I started with a hollow brass tube and started cutting segments about .030" in length take the .030" plastic rod dip in CA and it literally sucks up the brass ring off the table align and I have a stanchion.I have done one side of the main deck 15 pieces took maybe 30 minutes I will make a jig to get all to the same length. The hull red is done tomorrow after drying I do the grey.;)

S-100 001.JPG

• Like 11