Jump to content
“LET’S GET WET!” GROUP BUILD IS NOW ON. JAN 1, 2023 - July 1, 2023 ×

Airfix 1/72 scale "E" boat.


GazzaS
 Share

Recommended Posts

Coming on nicely, I remember that lower hull part being a real twonk to get right .

 Fun Fact - The last remaining S Boot , S-130 resides in my home port of Plymouth in Devon , having been bought by Kev Wheatcroft. I'm not sure they would let me in for a few pix sadly 

 

Linky to S130

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chris

I've also started using Black CCA and it's amazing. Longer working time and you can see where you have applied it and even more importantly, where you missed. When using it for seams, after sanding you see a black strip, so you know the CCA is there - great stuff. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Gaz

Nice progress and sometimes research and knowing what should be and isn't causes all sorts of issues even procrastination while you mull over what needs to be done and how far you actually want to proceed.

I know you're a huge NFL as I am fan and with the playoffs now through the second weekend, my Saturday and Sunday build time has approached nearly zero.  

being retire I have a lot more time during the week but doctor appointments and the like take up so much of my time these days.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

I know you're a huge NFL as I am fan and with the playoffs now through the second weekend, my Saturday and Sunday build time has approached nearly zero.  

Same with me, but my team exited Sunday. For the feeling only, the team played great all around and fought, not always the case with them, with only one exception and that was the QB, who is very hit OR miss.

Cheers Rob

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rob

Let me guess .. you're a Cowboys fan.

I'm Big Blue fan, the Giants since I was a little boy and they got destroyed by the Eagles. My other NY Team, The Bills also lost and now I have no idea who to pull for🏈

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Let me guess .. you're a Cowboys fan.

I'm Big Blue fan, the Giants since I was a little boy and they got destroyed by the Eagles. My other NY Team, The Bills also lost and now I have no idea who to pull for🏈

Yup, correct, there is no team out there creating more drama and fan heart attacks than the Cowboys. There are bad teams, mediocre teams and there are great teams, but the Cowboys are often all three together. I started watching football, when the Cowboys were 5-11 an underdog making the Hershel Walker (what an idiot now) deal and built up the Triplets, Troy Aikman, Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin.
When I was about 18, I started to play football in West Berlin as a tight end and running back, and had real quality hands, but opted for baseball which I played for 25 years in German leagues, because I felt, I started football to late, to be really successful and only occasional put on my helmet again.
I ever loved the tactics and the x's and o's in football and always appreciate a good game.
I loved what the Giants did to the Vikings, an overrated team this year and was astonished, how easy they fell to Eagles.
The Bills, they have a long post season history with the Cowboys and with the Allen led offense are quite entertaining to watch.
Let's hope for some great games next weekend and for an entertaining Superbowl.

Cheers Rob

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, PanzerWomble said:

Coming on nicely, I remember that lower hull part being a real twonk to get right .

 Fun Fact - The last remaining S Boot , S-130 resides in my home port of Plymouth in Devon , having been bought by Kev Wheatcroft. I'm not sure they would let me in for a few pix sadly 

 

Linky to S130

 

 

Thank you and thank you for the link.  Will be great to see the boat restored.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Rob

Let me guess .. you're a Cowboys fan.

I'm Big Blue fan, the Giants since I was a little boy and they got destroyed by the Eagles. My other NY Team, The Bills also lost and now I have no idea who to pull for🏈

 

There is really only one story worth following if your favorite team is out:

A.  Mahomes again...   blah!

B.  Bengals...   Ohio...   who cares.  Besides, they were in it last year...  and lost.

C.  Philadelphia...   They won a few years ago.   Time for somebody else.

D.  Can Mr. Irrelevant, the last man taken in the 2022 NFL Draft lead his team to win the Superbowl.  Yes...  Brock Purdy.  If San Francisco wins, it will be a great story.

 

Option D is the only one that holds any interest.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, GazzaS said:

There is really only one story worth following if your favorite team is out:

A.  Mahomes again...   blah!

B.  Bengals...   Ohio...   who cares.  Besides, they were in it last year...  and lost.

C.  Philadelphia...   They won a few years ago.   Time for somebody else.

D.  Can Mr. Irrelevant, the last man taken in the 2022 NFL Draft lead his team to win the Superbowl.  Yes...  Brock Purdy.  If San Francisco wins, it will be a great story.

 

Option D is the only one that holds any interest.

Yup, option D would be a great plot, but I had liked the toughness, the Bengals showed against the Bills in hostile surroundings. Never cared much for them, but it was a great game.

Cheers rob

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DocRob said:

Yup, option D would be a great plot, but I had liked the toughness, the Bengals showed against the Bills in hostile surroundings. Never cared much for them, but it was a great game.

Cheers rob

Option A does have the fun of hearing Mahomes interviewed, he sounds more like Kermit the Frog every time I hear him. 😀

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rob & Gaz

When I'm not pulling for any of the three NY Teams (give me a break when it comes to the Jets), I go all out for the Chiefs. As a New Yorker, nothing good or nice ever to say about the Eagles. Of course, the situation with Purdy if the Niners win the Super Bowl would be the story of the year and a great movie as well.

Rob, quite a history with your playing sports way in your younger years and baseball - semi pro? I was a baseball guy in my teen years and after that, just a fan, as my talents were nothing like yours. I was terrific at the plate and just an average fielder. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/17/2023 at 5:37 PM, PanzerWomble said:

Some encouragement from 1978 when plastic was softer and Airfix was pumping out reboxes of MPC and Peerless kits and calling them their own . E-boat was the top shelf model .

I was 16, at that point where girls and music seemed to hold more interest than building models so my output slowed but never stopped. That catalogue whisks me back to happy days - the clothes they are wearing on the front picture has the opposite effect !!!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Rob & Gaz

When I'm not pulling for any of the three NY Teams (give me a break when it comes to the Jets), I go all out for the Chiefs. As a New Yorker, nothing good or nice ever to say about the Eagles. Of course, the situation with Purdy if the Niners win the Super Bowl would be the story of the year and a great movie as well.

Rob, quite a history with your playing sports way in your younger years and baseball - semi pro? I was a baseball guy in my teen years and after that, just a fan, as my talents were nothing like yours. I was terrific at the plate and just an average fielder. 

 

 

I tend to go for underdogs instead of teams that keep winning all of the time.  I have been watching the Bucs a lot more than I ever watched New England.  I like Tom Brady because he is just fun to watch.  I really don't want Philli to win...  Nundamekong Suh...  who used to play for the Lions, stomped on a couple Green Bay players, doesn't deserve a second ring. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...