The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Any word on the Infinity Kate and Val?

Clunkmeister

• Administrators

I heard a rumor that they might not release them due to the negative reaction to the Helldiver and Vampire. 

Oh man I despise it when armchair “never built a thing in my life” modelers pile on to a company.  Yes, their Helldiver is a quirky build, but dangit, it’s a sound basic kit. 
And a member on this Forum has almost completed his Vampire and loved it!  

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

It’d really be a shame if they got discouraged by negative comments …

Whilst both the Helldiver and Vampire are not in my sphere of interest, and are nos shake-and-bake I have seen more than one built with great results, and the risk-taking of the company is to be applauded.

But then, I have 7 times more HPH kits in my stash than Tamiya’s 

Hubert

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, HubertB said:

It’s really be a shame if they got discouraged by negative comments …

Whilst both the Helldiver and Vampire are not in my sphere of interest, and are nos shake-and-bake I have seen more than one built with great results, and the risk-taking of the company is to be applauded.

But then, I have 7 times more HPH kits in my stash than Tamiya’s 

Hubert

Me too.  When you discount Wingnut Wings and ships, I have many more HPH and Fisher kits than others. 
I’m convinced that 95% of negative comments come from internet echo chambers. They have nothing at all to contribute except to echo what they hear elsewhere. 
If you are building, or have built a kit and wish to comment, hey, no problem, but to simply run one’s mouth in an unsolicited manner is nothing but damaging. 
Some unknown WAG started talking about how the Helldiver fuselage halves are different sizes. THEY’RE NOT! They fit perfectly!  So do the wings.  Rumors get started and never cease 

• Like 2

Yep ... 

That's about what I thought ... tooling is usually the PoNR for a kit release.

We saw too much hard plastic (including canopies) for them to quit ...

I think the Val and Kate will be solid earners for them too ... The A6M2b is STILL a solid earner for Tamiya and most builders would like the carrier 'triple' in their collection.

Rog :)

• Like 2

I'm just building their vampire at the moment. Typical short run kit, lots of time needed to check the fit but it's a 1/32 vampire and I'd rather they produced it (and the Helldiver in my stash) than they didn't. Really looking forward to the Kate and Val, my wallet is open and ready !

• Like 5

I’m working on the Vampire now, and I am enjoying it. Challenge? Sure but enjoy problem solving. I will have a good Vampire when done. Truthfully, I have several HpH and vacuforms in collection. I like Tamiya and the like company kits, but I personally like to use my noggin to figure things out. Bring it on Infinity!! 

• Like 4

• Administrators
On 1/14/2023 at 9:22 AM, Steve Eagle said:

I’m working on the Vampire now, and I am enjoying it. Challenge? Sure but enjoy problem solving. I will have a good Vampire when done. Truthfully, I have several HpH and vacuforms in collection. I like Tamiya and the like company kits, but I personally like to use my noggin to figure things out. Bring it on Infinity!! 

I feel the same. I thoroughly enjoyed my Helldiver build.  It was a challenge and more so because I decided to add to it, but the feeling of succeeding is a nice feeling.  Quite honestly, the resin kit is an easier build if you want to go all in like I did, but if you want a closed up aircraft or have the wings folded, Infinity is the way go go. 

• Like 5