The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Next up....Revell Mk II Spitfire

Making a little progress. I didn't notice the gap there on the right side of the cockpit when I put the fuselage halves together. I guess all I can do now is lay in a strip of plastic or fill it with putty. Oh well. 🤪

1-17-23 002.jpg

1-17-23 003.jpg

• Like 7

John

Nice work on the front office and I'm sure you will have no problems at all correcting the missed seam - always find those missed seams after the fact as well. 

Geez, the dihedral looks way off and surely needs to be corrected. Please go slow on your fix so I can take notes as I'm going to have to do the same on mine.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Nice work on the front office and I'm sure you will have no problems at all correcting the missed seam - always find those missed seams after the fact as well. 

Geez, the dihedral looks way off and surely needs to be corrected. Please go slow on your fix so I can take notes as I'm going to have to do the same on mine.

I'll have to do some trimming somewhere, probably on the fuselage wing roots. We'll see.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, JohnB said:

Making a little progress. I didn't notice the gap there on the right side of the cockpit when I put the fuselage halves together. I guess all I can do now is lay in a strip of plastic or fill it with putty. Oh well. 🤪

1-17-23 002.jpg

1-17-23 003.jpg

You could always deal with the seam the way I did. I completely left the sidewalk out by accident. :o

I didn't notice until much later when I found it on my bench. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

You could always deal with the seam the way I did. I completely left the sidewalk out by accident. :o

I didn't notice until much later when I found it on my bench. 

I hate it when I forget something like that! Been there, done that as they say. Are you going to try to fix it?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Status as of this AM. Coming along okay after fixing the wings. Now waiting for the corrections set I ordered on the 7th from Barracudacast. 🤪 The last word from them (yesterday) was "processing". Jeeze Louise!!!! 🙃

1-19-23 A 002.jpg

• Like 6

On 1/18/2023 at 10:14 AM, JohnB said:

I hate it when I forget something like that! Been there, done that as they say. Are you going to try to fix it?

No, the kit was finished by the time I found it. 

No one will notice unless they look in the cockpit. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Gaz

For the money, at least for me, Revell kits are worth the money but the savings equal the extra work needed to bring the model upto snuff.

I agree 100% Peter. They are more affordable than say Tamiya but then they do seem to have some problems. I guess the old saying you get what you pay for applies there.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Now that I've finished the P-51 "Short Fuse" I can get back to the Revell Spitfire Mk II started earlier. One "issue" is the kit spinner. It looks too "pointy". I'll use a left over spinner from a Hasegawa Mk V instead. One thing I don't understand are the two little clear parts on either side of the fuselage. I have never seen these in any photos so WTF? I plan to paint over 'em. :) I have the Barracuda ailerons and intake scoops although I decided to use the kit radiator instead (just a little easier since I don't have to remove all those casting areas plus it looks fine to me).

1-30-23 001.jpg

1-31-23 001.jpg

1-31-23 002.jpg

1-31-23 003.jpg

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

John

Glad to see the Spit is back on the bench and underway again. Not sure what you did with thew wing tips - I'm assuming they are from another kit?

I didn't do anything with the wing tips Peter. They are from the kit. 🙃 They were attached after applying some of the gray primer.

Hi John, the station keeping lights were fitted to some Mk.I and II Spitfires, I found out on my build too late as I had attached them and sanded them smooth.

This is what Edgar had to say, station keeping lights," which might have been coloured like the navigation lights, but that remains a mystery, for now.

CsuJFT.jpg

RBFbIL.jpg

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, Peterpools said:

Thanks John

They just look so different then the rest of the wing - guess it's the gray primer.

Nice choice for the markings - Popeye does look cool.

Ought to make a nice looking Spitfire Peter. :)

• Like 1