The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

RNZAF Corsair completed

Another Tamiya Corsair in the books! I figured it was high time to do one of the New Zealand birds so here we are. After market was tires, some Barracuda cockpit details, and Eaglecals decals. Painted with several shades of Testor's, Mr. Color, and some of my own "mixes". I hope y'all like it! :)

Remember, click on the images to view them with best resolution and as a slide show. :)

5-26-23 B 001.jpg

5-26-23 B 002.jpg

5-26-23 B 003.jpg

5-26-23 B 004.jpg

5-26-23 B 005.jpg

• Like 9

John

Terrific build and great choice on the markings and color scheme. Light, realistic weathering is spot on and looks so good. 

Of course, now is the time to ask the 64-million-dollar question: what's up next?

22 hours ago, Peterpools said:

John

Terrific build and great choice on the markings and color scheme. Light, realistic weathering is spot on and looks so good. 

Of course, now is the time to ask the 64-million-dollar question: what's up next?

Thanks. :) "Light weathering" Peter? I thought it was fairly heavy without going overboard. 🙄

How about a old Hasegawa 1/32 Hellcat next? Right now that's the plan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KevinM said:

That came out quite Nice John I will say not my favorite of your Corsairs I think it's the insignia the color I like.:unworthy:

Thank you Kevin. :)

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, GazzaS said:

Very nice work on this one, John.  I like the difference between it and the usual US birds.

Thank you Gaz! Something a little different this time. :)

• Like 1