Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Bought this one at the Enfield Mosquito Museum along with a lot of other Mossie stuff 18 months ago .

The kit from 1999 is a peach , fit is good , detail is good , even paper 1:1 masks for the cammo which work ok if you're cute with them . Wings are a good fit and are held with pins underneath , allowing you to paint everything and attach it all at the end . Undercarriage can go in at the end as well . Only thing I didn't like was the canopy , which I ended up making my own masks for ...thats three hours I won't get back and it didn't turn out that well either ...😖 .

Yahu IP was a waste of a fiver as it cannot be seen at all through the canopy , ditto all the extra wiring I bothered with putting in . 

Decals were good, I know some people don't like Tammy decals but these were fine to me . Light oil weathering , 105 Sdn were  the first to get these so relatively young by the time they did the Berlin Raid , bombing Geobels and Goering on the 30th Jan "Party Day" celebrations in 1943. Sadly this aircraft was in the second wave and was the only one shot down, S/L Darling (24) and his navigator both dying . 

Enthusiasm was a bit on and off at times (hence no build log)  but I wanted to finish it out before embarking on something new ....maybe a nice Tiger Tank ..

temp-Image-Tz-Elq-O.avif

temp-Image-ZIM5-NW.avif

temp-Imagey011t-C.avif

temp-Imagepcdqsj.avif

temp-Imaget-F6eao.avif

temp-Imagenk6p8k.avif

temp-Image7-YVO4-A.avif

temp-Imageq2-Hfdn.avif

temp-Imageiy7ab-F.avif

temp-Image-IXj1o-N.avif

temp-Imagerop2-P9.avif

• Like 8