Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Astra Militarum Baneblade warhammer tank

Nice to see this back and glad to have caught up on it. 

If you're running the True Metal on, how are you keeping such a clean a sharp demarcation? They look like separate parts. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Nice to see this back and glad to have caught up on it. 

If you're running the True Metal on, how are you keeping such a clean a sharp demarcation? They look like separate parts. 

I have not decided main color yet. I am doing small stuff to help me realize which color is correct for this build.

True metal is wax based and easy to drybrush. I use panel liner to hide overlap.

• Thanks 1

I am experimenting new tecnique to create worn and weathered surface. Just spray painted all black. Then automotive green paint over it. Then used brass wirebrush to wear off some surface paint before it dries. After that i will drybrush some silver, give it some filter and pinwash. Finished. Easy!

IMG_20240723_143352388.thumb.jpg.ad9a9201834e6a2b5996bf7dfa33f989.jpgIMG_20240723_143343130.thumb.jpg.510e7e1dcc86c3ae7f0a7d6a0b0ecb05.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It’s a really big gun for a really short turret. I wonder how they balance the overhang of the gun and yet keep some space for loading it in this small space ;) …

Keep it coming :popcorn:

Hubert

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, DocRob said:

Wow, love it, the turret looks great. I specially like your chipping, which looks very real.

Cheers Rob 

Thank you Rob🙂. I am glad that you liked it. Now i must replicate same amounth of wear to rest of the parts😬

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...