The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/32 Hawker Tempest

• Administrators

Now that I’m reading into RAF material, I might as well start this kit. Got it from Cees Broere years ago, so that obligates me to build it. Bought the expensive Napier Sabre engine yesterday (95€!) and got a shitload of sets today. Only need to get the gunbays and some other stuff.

IMG_6484.jpeg

• Like 10

This was my second ever 1/32 kit, it was an interesting experience……..mainly due to my lack of building skills at the time………might just have another crack at it…….following along with interest…..

• Like 2

• Administrators
19 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

This was my second ever 1/32 kit, it was an interesting experience……..mainly due to my lack of building skills at the time………might just have another crack at it…….following along with interest…..

Special Hobby kits sure can be challenging! Not much of this kit will be used in my build :))))

All panels will be opened and left off. 
The Napier Sabre engine should land on my doorstep today. Already looked at some online reviews. Always thought it was a one piece resin chunk. But alas... many small parts to clean up and assemble.

• Like 4

• Administrators

Managed to find a rare fuel gauge from a Hawker Tempest. The Tempest had two. The upper one showing the nose tank contents and the bottom one (with two dials) showing the wing tanks contents.

IMG_6577.jpeg

IMG_6578.jpeg

IMG_6575.jpeg

IMG_6576.jpeg

• Like 8

• Administrators
2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Jeroen, how do you find the various aircraft parts that you incorporate into your build? 

Everywhere and nowhere. Just scored some Whirlwind crash parts. Need to verify their authenticity if possible. Got those from Ebay. 

IMG_6755.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1