Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

• 1 month later...

Holy. More than a month since an update…. In my defence , life has most definitely got in front of this build…. Mostly trying to secure my 95 year old mother in law to long term care after more than a month in the hospital…. Still trying to get that worked out but we have her ‘temporarily’ housed in a very good place. Hope she can stay there as it is really nice and the staff is wonderful, secondly it has been WAY too hot in my model room as it seems summer is here and the huge hear wave seems to be waning somewhat.  

So that has been what’s going on with me but I did manage a little time to work on my truck. 
  I got the dash pretty much finished, had to scrape the raised details so the P E would settle down, painted dash and kick panels added the p/e and added some ‘relief’ for the brake valves so they don’t sit flat on the dash, as they don’t in real life. Also pained the 3d Detroit 60 Series block as close as I could get to Detroit engine blue, ( specially for you Ron! ) and painted the bits that have to be added to the block, ECM, fuel pump and filters the alternator and a/c compressor etc. I hope the pics come out straight. Not an expert doing this on my silly phone… anyway here are a few pics. 

IMG_4506.jpeg

IMG_4510.jpeg

IMG_4508.jpeg

IMG_4509.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

So the other day I decided I found enough time for a little detailing work on the engine for the Pete. Still a long way to go , BUT I have started on some of the plumbing. There is a lot more to go and there are a fair number of detail decals to put on.  But for now in light of posting a small update I will share these few pics for your comments and advice 

IMG_4581.jpeg

IMG_4587.jpeg

IMG_4593.jpeg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Amazing work there Jeff.  Just catching up on this thread. 

The closest I'll come to something like this is the Diamond T wrecker I have in the stash. 

Is that the 1/35 kit , Carl? With the Holmes wrecker? I have that one in the stash as well. It is on the ( as Doc Rob says ) ‘schdule’ 😂😂

• Like 2

When I think you were wondering whether there’d be an interest in your builds …

The quality of your work and detailing is just AWESOME ! , Jeff …

Hubert

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, HubertB said:

When I think you were wondering whether there’d be an interest in your builds …

The quality of your work and detailing is just AWESOME ! , Jeff …

Hubert

Oh geez , thanks Hubert. I am humbled by your kindness. Thank you for your kind words. That will fuel the fire to keep going. ! 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Nice details all over Jeff. Are you planning to leave the hood open?

Cheers

M.

Yeah off and on. It is an easy open and close. Kind of a shame to display it closed but …..still lots to do on it yet but it is slowly coming together

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DocRob said:

Your engine looks sweet, Jeff. Tons of detail everywhere. I hope the hood opens easily to show everything.

Cheers Rob

Thanks Rob. Still got lots more to add but it will be a little diamond. Lol. Yes the hood on this kit opens easily. As long as I do things by the numbers

• Like 3

Another very small update. Added some detail decals to the engine…… and scratched an oil dipstick tube. Wondering if I shud leave it or paint it blue ……I never put the oil filter decals straight on as in all the years I have had my love affair with big trucks they are never in the exact same place.  Check out the detail on the air compressor decal. !! You can actually read the Bendix word mark. Wow. Thats impressive. At least I am impressed. That is some fine printing 

Jeff

IMG_4616.jpeg

IMG_4617.jpeg

IMG_4618.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1