Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Next Group Build ?

I like the theater idea - sand/desert/etc.  Kind of a play on the Let's Get Wet GB.  Also the racers idea - so many options.  But the Tallies category has me intrigued... Multiple kills aircraft, multiple racer winner cars, multiple award winning whatever?  Or am I missing the point of 'Tallies'?  Could be!! :lol:

• Like 3

On 7/21/2024 at 8:07 AM, Peterpools said:

Any racing subject: aircraft, boats, auto 

Any non military subject

On 7/21/2024 at 8:13 AM, Martinnfb said:

Anything desert/sand/tropical related.

Either of these. I have a bunch of car kit's, race or otherwise. And I do Love a tropical Nazi airplane.

Of course, not saying I will actually join. Group builds have always been death for me 💀 Lmao.🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sandbox or Tallies is catching my attention, but I do have ONE racer in the stash....  Unless you include the B-58 which set some speed records.... then I have two... :rofl:

• Like 3

"Records" would make a decent GB as well.

It is your forum guys, any and every suggestion has a value. We still have lots of time to brainstorm.  One idea crossed my mind, but it is kinda silly. "Your first model, ever."

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

One idea crossed my mind, but it is kinda silly. "Your first model, ever."

The only problem with that is trying to remember what it was. I know one of my earliest models was a Monogram Snaptite Jet Ranger. Definitely not my first model but close to it. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

One idea crossed my mind, but it is kinda silly. "Your first model, ever."

My first ever kit was probably a Heller Cadet sailing ship … Near impossible to find, probably, and not sure I’d want to. This theme idea would probably lead to many 1/72 subjects as well. Even if LSM is pretty ecumenical, it’s probably a bit far from the site’s main focus.

As for « records », I’d be in, but it is probably a bit restrictive (even if my stash has quite a number of record-holders, but then my stash is full of resin kits and obscure subjects 🤣)

Hubert

• Like 3

Martin

My first model(s) that I can remember go back to the very early days of the hobby; 1950's, would be nearly impossible to find, most likely cost an arm and a leg from a kit collector. 

My vote still is for the sandbox theme. 

• Like 4

On 7/22/2024 at 6:38 PM, BlrwestSiR said:

There's a number of turret kits now so that would actually be feasible.

If that's the Missourah I have the 1/200, with full Pontos treatment...

• Like 2

On 7/23/2024 at 7:13 PM, Martinnfb said:

"Your first model, ever."

Hell I am only 63 and can't remember that one must of been about 7/8 when that happened.I would say that since Dad served in WWII I am sure it was something from the Mighty Eighth.:hsmack:

• Like 3

Well, with the extension on the current Twin GB, it will go till the end of August.  Perhaps the beginning of September, ending  with the year. 

Pool is a great idea.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So Martin,

Have you made the choice (although the poll is quite clear ;) ) ?

My only remark is about the deadline. 4 months is short, for most of us - and even more for me with a lead time that counts in years rather than months 🤣)

Hubert

• Like 2
  • Haha 1