Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Zoukei Mura's He219

Hey there! So I've been wanting to post a WIP here, but for some reason iOS and iPhone won't let me post pics to the website. Well, my good friend Paul, is going to help out and post the finished project pics from his computer. THANKS Pauli!!!

I won't dive into a build review or the pros and cons of the detail. But I will say I had a blast building this thing! And it, surprisingly, was a quick build. I did add some of the AM stuff offered up by ZM but made by other companies like Master-model and Eduard. I started this back at the end of June and topped it off at the end of August, beginning of September. This was also the second time I've attempted a mottled pattern free hand. I used a combination of Tamyia paints and MM Acrylics to give her some color, oil washes to bring out the panel lines and some pigments to dust it up. I also used some of the Tamiya weathering pastels/pigments to give it a little wear. Scratches and chips were done with artist pencils and acrylic paints.

If you have tips or techniques to help weather it along, please feel free to add. Otherwise, enjoy! I sure the hell did!

file-17.jpg

file-16.jpg

file-15.jpg

file-14.jpg

file-13.jpg

file-12.jpg

file-11.jpg

file-10.jpg

file-9.jpg

file-8.jpg

file-7.jpg

file-6.jpg