The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Phantom F-4C from 1:32 Tamiya kit

Hi everybody,

when I retired from business, in early 2008, I resumed my old hobby and started building plastic model kits in 1:32 scale.

From the beginning I concentrated on props, with two significant exceptions: A Canadair CL-13 under Italian flag done in 2009 and Thunderjet, still under construction.

Then last Summer, I had the opportunity to read the very nice book on Robin Olds and decided that the F-4C will be my first "modern" jet.

Some details on what I've done so far in the next post.

Alberto 

DSCN0654.thumb.JPG.ee0d6380fe329a6005c0eed53238e8b8.JPG

DSCN0655.JPG

DSCN2198.JPG

DSCN2203.JPG

• Like 2

58c668448a1d9_pianicoda.thumb.jpg.6be0762f976b4dba1d49e1399c1599bc.jpgdorso.thumb.jpg.8cd9fc41f4f5316200bb4766b9eacd57.jpgdorso.thumb.jpg.8cd9fc41f4f5316200bb4766b9eacd57.jpgOn the Phantom, my first concern was to correct the intake area. Besides there are still some little gaps, the job is almost done using plasticard and putty.

Second, I tried to take care of the several raised panels that, I understood, were not present on the real bird.

And finally, at least for the time being, the pylon for the belly thank.

DSCN2162.thumb.JPG.25d001538acb1392ba0c4980bff08e3b.JPG

DSCN2163.JPG

DSCN2217.JPG

DSCN2218.JPG

• Like 5

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, alberto49 said:

I just realized that my thread remained at this stage for too long.

So, if it works, I will add here following some pictures of the complete model.

DSCN2894.JPG

DSCN2899.JPG

DSCN2901.JPG

DSCN2902.JPG

DSCN2734.JPG

DSCN2735.JPG

That’s so beautiful Alberto! Please post it in the Ready for Inspection branch! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Kaireckstadt said:

That’s so beautiful Alberto! Please post it in the Ready for Inspection branch! 

I will do that pretty soon!

Also, soon or alter, I will add also these models I made after the Phantom

DSCN2779.JPG

DSCN2779.JPG

DSCN2918.JPG

DSCN2937.JPG

DSCN2873.JPG

DSCN2946.JPG

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, alberto49 said:

Well, it's a short run product, but my feed back is good. Of course there is some extra work required, for instance

Thanks Alberto, I’ve looked at the Fly many times.......it’s weird that no main stream manufacturer has ever produced a 1/32nd Hurricane 

• Like 3

On 3/23/2021 at 12:16 AM, Kaireckstadt said:

There is one (very old) mainstream manufacturer:

Wow, forgotten about Revell, that takes me back to my childhood, couldn’t afford it then either.......if I remember pocket money was sixpence (old money) a couple of pence now.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bomber_County said:

Wow, forgotten about Revell, that takes me back to my childhood, couldn’t afford it then either.......if I remember pocket money was sixpence (old money) a couple of pence now.....

I even have one reboxing in my stash with the old livery (but new decals).

Couldn‘t buy it with my pocket money either when I was young. Only possible for events like birthday or Christmas...

Regarding surface-detail even this old kit is really good regarding its age...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Kaireckstadt said:

I even have one reboxing in my stash with the old livery (but new decals).

Couldn‘t buy it with my pocket money either when I was young. Only possible for events like birthday or Christmas...

Regarding surface-detail even this old kit is really good regarding its age...

Same for me. It was my haunt, in the late sixties that occasionally gave me enough money to purchase Airfix kits in plastic bags! I must say that those assembly instructions, pushed me to try to improve the English language I was teched at school!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peterpools said:

Yup, the original Revell 32nd scale BOB kits: both the Hurricane and Spitfire. Sure with Revell of Germany would re-release them again in the price range of their new 32nd scale kits.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

You will laugh Peter. I bought mine some years ago when Revell did exactly what you describe. Was really at a low reasonable price they sold it. 
Nostalgic but very nice...

• Like 1