The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Nuuuuurse!! He is trying it again! Scratchbuild HP 0/400 "Bloody Paralyser"

Some more progress. The portside is almost finished apart from a few details and the diagonal rigging wires. Those will be fitted after painting. Also make sure everything is straight and true to avoid fitproblems later on ( guess how I know).

The starboard side is next. When that is finished the paining stage is reached as the area beneath the slatted floor panels, which have still to be made, need to painted as the space between the boards is quite wide.

Cheers

Cees

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1

This afternoon another IPMS SIG RAF/USAAF modelling session took place, a great opportunity to get some work done.

The starboard half is nearly finished. Bot sides fit neatly on the bottom part.

Progress is up to speed.

Cheers

Cees

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

This is coming together very nicely now.  I like the details you're building on the inside were no one can see them.  I do that a lot on my builds.  Can't wait to see how you build the wings and engines.

Indeed, but it is nice to know they are there. And usually when you do not build those details at some point you notice you haven't.

The airframe is growing fast with the top and bottom rear fuselage panels having been made. With the crossmembers fitted they really stiffen up the structure. And if you press the thin sheet over the underlaying structure you can actually get the illusion of wooden frame under fabric covering. Be gentle though, too much pressure and you hear a cracking sound.

Next is the top covering the cockpit, this is a complex shape. We'll see how that turns out.

Cheers

Cees

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

There is a bulkhead just aft of the gunner positions so that will effectively blank the rest of the tail off, but the reason why I did the structure towards

the tail is to let it show through the very thin plasticard to create the illusion of linen over wood.

Cheers

Cees

• Like 3

Smallish update.

The top section covering the area between the dorsal gunner and from where the top fuselage slopes down has been made. Also an attempt has been made to make the forward sloping section. This is a very suble shape where the one end is dead flat and then the sides start to curve down but very slight, The thin plasticard I use is quite rigid and difficult to shape. Perhaps beercan aluminium is a better option.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Cees

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Good idea, first buy the beer...cans though.

Been working on the extreme tailsection. this has no parallel top and bottom sides along the whole lenght. It tapers from the joint and just in front of the tailplane it becomes parallel. Makes sense so the tailplane is rectangular. Construction is similar as the front but need some strenghtening built in to be able to support the tail at some point. The extreme end has a very tight curve which might be a problem but I can also make this solid plastic. We'll see about that one later.

Cheers

Cees

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Hi Gus,

That is possible but would make the tail too heavy. 

In the meantime I think a possible solution is to skin towards the extreme tip and make the last bit from solid plastic. Here's the current progress on the tail.

Some strenghtening still needs to be build in to support the tailplane but I let the pics do the talking, and the obligatory beercan is included too. No Heineken or Bavaria as we do our shopping at Lidl:)

Cheers

Cees

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

There is no way for modelling without a beer :D, one of the most underrated aspects in our hobby. I see future releases of the kind like Ammo or MIG titeling "Beer drinking and Finishing".
And there is still room to improve, have I mentioned the heavy tin foil of wine bottles, just perfect for modelling, I seem never able to find the collected ones, so I have to open another bottle :blink:.
It has become an adault hobby, no question, seperates the men from the boys.

Cheeeeeers Rob

• Like 3

Hi Cees, yes that makes sense given the undercarriage set-up.

Perlenbacher is French isn't it? Don't they sell any nice local beers?

Don't know why but we always seem to end up shopping at Albert Heijn stores whenever we're in NL.

You have me figuered out:)

And welcome to LSM Jeff, where nutcases roost;)

It has seemed to work, most of the top and bottom area is covered with the extreme tip still to do. I may took on Gus' tip and use Milliput as this is a mall area and easier to be modelled instead of solid plastic. I have also fitted strenghtening panels inside to be able to drill mounting holes for the tailplane and central fin.

Hope you like.

Cheers

Cees

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4