The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

how to get rid of skunk smell on dog

Martinnfb

Well, I have to say........... this thread, has made my day.....  I had a good few chuckles here I will say..... I really can't imagine how this conversation would go if we were all in a room at an IPMS doo, and had a few beers...... this is really entertaining...... i LOVE it.....  there may even be a solution to the problem here somewhere......:grouphug:

• Like 2

I have been there, we had a dog door in our Texas home so the dogs could come in and out as they need. Well, one night a 3:00 am, i was woken up by a horrendous smell. As soon as I opened my bedroom door, it was like someone swung a skunk by the tail and its ass hit me in the face. I saw my dog cowering under dining room table, drool pouring out of his mouth and eyes swollen and bloodshot. When he came in to dog door, he rubbed against it, the kitchen cabinets, all the dining room chairs and table legs, the wall, and his bed. My solution...he slept outside all night with his bed, and we were up all night cleaning the house and wiping everything down with soap and bleach. In the morning I called a mobile dog groomer and offered them any amount of money to come clean him, they charged $180, which i would have paid twice that. They did come out later that same day, and made him smell 80% better, the rest wore off after two weeks. He has never messed with a skunk again. 

• Like 2