The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

HK Models 1/32 Lancaster Hints, Tweaks and Tips,

NigelR32

• 2 weeks later...

Some more pics from the plastic are on Modelling News. The level of detail seems to be fabulous, but I'm out, anyway. I don't have the place to build, paint and display the Lancaster, but I like the idea, that the wings are removable.
In the unlikely case, that Border issues a 'nose only' kit, I will bite and would like to build it up only half shelled by fuselage parts.

The Modelling News: Preview: More photos, this time of kit parts of Border Model's new Lancaster B.MK.I/III in 32nd scale

I stopped by the LHS yesterday and asked if they had an estimated price for the Border kit.  

They said they expect it to be between $1100-1200 CAD when it arrives. They're planning to do preorders with $100 off on e they have a finalized price. 

I promised to come back with my progress of my 1/32 Lanc. I have used now time to remake flame dampers using metal from paste tube, fixing rudder tip molding issue, to  back date elevators and putting Iconicair bulged bomb bay doors in closed position, wing tip joint, landing lights just to mane a few :0))). 

a_IMG_9480.jpg

a_IMG_9486.jpg

a_IMG-9529.jpg

a1.JPG

a_IMG_9490v2.jpg

a_IMG-8833.JPG

IMG-8831.JPG

a_IMG_9502v2.jpg

a_IMG_9455.jpg

a_IMG_9456.jpg

a_IMG_9454.jpg

• Like 4