The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

What is on your bench right now ? Share a picture :)

Martinnfb

5 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Luke's father lukes rather impressive. Is this your own design Mark?

Cheers

Martin

Not my own i dondt have the skillls to make somthing like that.But iff you google it unbelieveble what ou find that you can print.

The fig itself is abaut 42cm witout the base.

Mark

• Like 4

Mark

The world of modeling sure is changing. I have no doubts the future of the hobby will be all 3D printed kits and software, with the tradition injected molded kits a thing of the past. Technology just keeps moving forward and who knows, most likely an advanced 3D printer will also print the model in full color to how ever we want, including weathering. It's just where the world is going.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Peterpools said:

Mark

The world of modeling sure is changing. I have no doubts the future of the hobby will be all 3D printed kits and software, with the tradition injected molded kits a thing of the past. Technology just keeps moving forward and who knows, most likely an advanced 3D printer will also print the model in full color to how ever we want, including weathering. It's just where the world is going.

Yes indeed we come a long way i still remember my first kits from matchbox in 3 collors of plastic.

But for me give me a good box off plastic and i will be happy.

3d printing is fun but also alot off work to do like washing and curing the parts.

Not every print you do will be perfect and the resin isnt that cheap iff you go for good qaulity.

It all depends how far you whant to go.

But for this type off printing i love it.

Mark

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Another project... Already ready for painting.

Looking sinister in black Surfacer, it's Tamiya's T 55a, this time in

Polish army guise. A nice kit that goes together well. I still have the tracks

to do to finish my JSU-52, but I put that aside to build this kit. I spent 12 hours on this thing yesterday and ,admittedly, I was getting a little loopy

by the end of the day with frequent verbal outbursts of frustration towards the end of the day.....mostly due to problems with my vision.

Anyway, I used my Dspiae linear sander during the build and it proved

very useful. After removing parts from the sprue, the sander was used

to quickly clean up each part. I also used this thing to quickly remove the

barrel , and fuel drum seams. I'm pleased with this little sander.

Anyway, here are some pics....not the best, but it's black and I didn't have good lighting. Can anyone tell me what the item on top

of the turret seen circled in my picture is?

DSCN1722_kindlephoto-115549914.jpg

DSCN1725_kindlephoto-115507492.jpg

DSCN1720_kindlephoto-115426941.jpg

DSCN1721_kindlephoto-115365922.jpg

DSCN1725_kindlephoto-117234428.jpg

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, belugawhaleman said:

Another project... Already ready for painting.

Looking sinister in black Surfacer, it's Tamiya's T 55a, this time in

Polish army guise. A nice kit that goes together well. I still have the tracks

to do to finish my JSU-52, but I put that aside to build this kit. I spent 12 hours on this thing yesterday and ,admittedly, I was getting a little loopy

by the end of the day with frequent verbal outbursts of frustration towards the end of the day.....mostly due to problems with my vision.

Anyway, I used my Dspiae linear sander during the build and it proved

very useful. After removing parts from the sprue, the sander was used

to quickly clean up each part. I also used this thing to quickly remove the

barrel , and fuel drum seams. I'm pleased with this little sander.

Anyway, here are some pics....not the best, but it's black and I didn't have good lighting. Can anyone tell me what the item on top

of the turret seen circled in my picture is?

DSCN1722_kindlephoto-115549914.jpg

DSCN1725_kindlephoto-115507492.jpg

DSCN1720_kindlephoto-115426941.jpg

DSCN1721_kindlephoto-115365922.jpg

DSCN1725_kindlephoto-117234428.jpg

Nice looking kit. Decent looking turret texture and weld seams. "mostly due to problems with my vision">>me too. What are those magnifying glasses what you are wearing? What brand? Please share picture. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, FullArmor said:

Nice looking kit. Decent looking turret texture and weld seams. "mostly due to problems with my vision">>me too. What are those magnifying glasses what you are wearing? What brand? Please share picture. 

Thanks, the glasses are made by Visionaid and i purchased them on

Amazon. I've purchased a few of these. They work well. They Are available

In rechargeable and battery versions and come with several lenses , the

highest mag. being 3.5 power. I did snap the stems on one of mine (my fault) but was able to make a permanent repair with plastruct liquid adhesive. My only complaint is that the lens could be held in a little more

securely, but otherwise I'm happy with them. They are inexpensive at

about $30.00 U.S.

https://www.amazon.com/Vision-Aid-Magnifying-Illuminated-Degeneration/dp/B09MRNMTVQ/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=2SOIC05OT7QIG&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.RywUYzWMpGDFJnN1HVIF-BYfoLZzSmMR9gw_W2ML62o-s-NUnJzWjcUWzN4nmQCoY-57f-i0PX_MbyQhtcDILdk5mf4dqEE82RlkPfLpH_iZZBqeH_H1wHCjp9yPbFXO-3AWM1xqBRSe-i_N4xZNgxX9iQAUGlpPigNQJZpO6pRQ1CUaX64ffXabF9Y1y4vjhVo9HOAgrr5FIRAVP5wTOOq_TMzsI8u_Q1kMx7qK6kY-LpaCvJLtgzA0Alt21lWQ85CKEkX4nLirO0o2KxVziRcwduwEnw4qs2Do5qXjZHQ._RYx_6C7uPwH205BFI0p_ajPw_T7dGFh3En2JhM_gh0&dib_tag=se&keywords=visionaid+magnifying+glasses&qid=1717868611&sprefix=Visionaid%2Caps%2C260&sr=8-2-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I couldn’t build models without my OptiVisor.  I sometimes sit down at the bench and forget to put it on and start to wonder why I’m so blind.  

• Like 2

I guess I'm fortunate that at the moment I can get away with a set of readers. But I'm sure there will be a time when I'll need something stronger. Nice to hear about what folks are using for when that day comes. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I guess I'm fortunate that at the moment I can get away with a set of readers. But I'm sure there will be a time when I'll need something stronger. Nice to hear about what folks are using for when that day comes. 

I’m already wearing bifocals.  My close up is pretty good and I can even see better really close up without glasses.  I have my close up prescription set to read the dash on my car more than anything else.  But I’m so use to magnification now that trying to look into a cockpit is out of the question. 

I went a few years without going shooting and last time out I had issues with iron sights.   Red dots have made a world of difference. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ScottsGT said:

I’m already wearing bifocals.  My close up is pretty good and I can even see better really close up without glasses.  I have my close up prescription set to read the dash on my car more than anything else.  But I’m so use to magnification now that trying to look into a cockpit is out of the question. 

I went a few years without going shooting and last time out I had issues with iron sights.   Red dots have made a world of difference. 

I tried the bifocal thing with my last prescription.... Never really worked.

My close-up vision was never really bad until recently , I still can read without any problems, but really close up....I need help.

I did a lot of shooting in the 90's I had a lot of troubles seeing

the Iron sights of my pistols. I got a nice pair of Oakly prescription

sun glasses with yellow tint....worked great!

• Like 2

Back to working on the Tamiya JSU-152... Today starting the Friulmodel

tracks for this one (ATL-54). Spent most of the day doing this, but not

much progress. About half of one side. These tracks require small--very small-- track pin heads to be glued to outer edges of the track links.

A daunting task considering their size. The T 55a has been set aside while

I wait for Tamiya USA to send a set of replacement decals.

I also added a "lens" to the JSU's headlight by putting a drop

of UV curing resin on the headlamp and curing it quickly with

the Dspiae UV flashlight I purchased recently....... Worked Great!

DSCN1775_kindlephoto-39955820.jpg

DSCN1779_kindlephoto-39919479.jpg

DSCN1777_kindlephoto-39887597.jpg

DSCN1780_kindlephoto-42768133.jpg

• Like 5