Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

P-61B Black Widow Hobby Boss

I almost finish the group build.
And so I start this very promissing kit I will get over to the Tomcat when the zacto intakes are ready.
So I made a start with the gunner chair lol did not notice there are two of those needed so one more to do at some detail not knowing if it is realy visible.
I made a back with Magic sculp for the first time so I think I need a bit more practice lol.
I have a question I have seen photos of the gunner seat all with out arm rest was this practice or need the arm rest to be on the seat?
DSC08174_zps6d74a5ee.jpg
Johan bos

• Like 5

Guest styrenedemon

Looking forward to seeing this one built up. I'm trying really hard to resist buying one myself. This isn't going to help.

I was just looking at that website yesterday... Some great photos there!

They roll out the Widow onto the tarmac next to the hanger every year at their WWII Weekend/Air Show. You can get pretty close to it too. I highly recommend WWII Weekend if you can get there (it's much more than a vintage air show).

Hi Yesterday I finish most of the little parts for the cockpit and radar pit.
and so many parts gave it a alclad coat chrome so not all parts get weather but it easer to just spray everything in one go and some of the radar control boxes need not all to be black when I see the restoration photos of the P61.
DSC08204_zpsff95fc35.jpg
DSC08208_zps7f44be4e.jpg
DSC08211_zpsa7deb2e5.jpg
Have fun
Johan bos

• Like 2

Hi thanks
I got some work done on the interior first sprayed a Vallejo interior Green 71010 Yellow mix color
Then the interior Green 71010 and after that in the corners Dark Green Vallejo 71012.
I made the instruments Black so later on get the details painted on.
So then I returnt to the cockpit panels and used some pastel pensels and weatherd it a bit.
Now to get the used look I took the Airbrush cleaner from Vallejo and cotton tip and carefull rub the area  were I wanted the wear done spots and this cleaner isnt that strong that all the paint comes of so layer for layer.
still need some spot for the wood showing in front the padels.
Back to the Bf109 need to finish them this week.
DSC08219_zpsc4698c23.jpg
DSC08223_zps7b6fd90a.jpg
DSC08226_zps4bf2b745.jpg
Have fun
Johan Bos

• Like 1