The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

P-61B Black Widow Hobby Boss

• 1 month later...

Hi a little update very busy on my work and almost finished bf 109 duo keeps me of making more progress.
Just to do something easy I started to do the drop tanks they have this spine that is way to thick so using a file to make it much thinner about 0.4mm.
on the left you see the first one glued on the right the out of the box thick wall.
SAM_0193_zpsb3772ebb.jpg
I dont use this file only for plastic it keeps it sharp I have one in the same size that is a finer grade.
I have to pay attention not to scour to muche on some spots so I use a small file to get it even thickness.
SAM_0195_zps0168c0e3.jpg
Have fun
Johan bos

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings;

Looking good........... I have the model kit, but I am waiting on Eduard ...... :rolleyes:  

They tell me next month ........... so I am working on the Reference end.

..... You have a good start on the model ......   popcor10.gif .

Mike

.... flagan10.gif .... usn10.gif .... d_0210.gif ....

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi well I have just been so busy that the eduard parts are out (I only use the interior set) and the great wheel set from true Details and last but not least the top barrels set.
So hope to do some more work this week will I try to get some panel lines on the Tomcat.

SAM_0560_zps47509c29.jpg
SAM_0567_zpsf3c4722b.jpg

Have fun
Johan bos

• Like 2

Hi well I have just been so busy that the eduard parts are out (I only use the interior set) and the great wheel set from true Details and last but not least the top barrels set.

So hope to do some more work this week will I try to get some panel lines on the Tomcat.

SAM_0560_zps47509c29.jpg

SAM_0567_zpsf3c4722b.jpg

Have fun

Johan bos

Great progress indeed :popcorn: !

Thanks for the update :unworthy: !

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What the gent above on the page before said! ;)

Are you going to shorten the nose and finish it as an -A or are you going the whole 9 yards and modify the bits to build it as an accurate -B?

My greed wants to buy this kit too, but then I'd opt to build it as an A; much easier!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi I made some progress because of my very busy job I have little time so working on the P 61 cockpit is something I can do in the the little time left in the evening.

The cockpit is now on my desing model base testing it and it makes live very easy hope to let the final part made next week for review samples so more about that later.

It takes some time the seatbelts but they look great nly need to ad the little straps they are from HGW.
The back rest on the gunner and not seen now of the radio operator are home made pretty happy about the result.
The added pipes are from lead wire they need to be painted Green I think and bought the airscale placard to ad even more detail painted the fire extinguisher red maybe it was green but I just like a bit of color hehe.
Here some photos
SAM_0612_zpsbe061043.jpg
SAM_0608_zps20a78713.jpg
SAM_0607_zpsc75ecd53.jpg
SAM_0605_zps91cfc405.jpg
SAM_0604_zps8635de4d.jpg

Have fun

Johan bos
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Hi I did a bit of work on the great resin tires from True Details.
It needs some careful cleaning painted the inside rim black not able to get there later with paint the nose wheel I painted silver but the main legs still need to be done just alcad black base on them now.

SAM_0823_zps1fb2a1fc.jpg

And last but not least The model base I desigend to hold any model in size or shape.
I first use a cheap copy of the magnet arm to test if it works now I bought a Noga magnetic standard and it can hold the models with ease.

When they get top heavy I use a paint paint can or a metal plate.

It can hold up the Trumpeter 1 1/6 King tiger with axel support frame.
and the now heavy of all the resin Tomcat great for getting all the angles to work on it and if needed I take it out of it frame and place it back in seconds.
Store it fast no more looking for a safe spot to lie down your model I just pick up the standard and place it on the shelf.

And when working on a WW1 plane the rigging is just fantastic under any angle I can now tie the threads.
It is all stainless steal and aluminum cleaning it from paint or other dirt will be easy.

More samples how to use and potential of this frame later this week.
in the end of Januari I hope to get the sets ready for sale.

SAM_0821_zps8b79f255.jpg

Have fun
Johan Bos

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi am big photo impression from what I am doing right now I go in to details later when the P-61 is back on it's stand I was not able to keep me from putting it legs yesterday.
the big flaps need to adjust and all the windows are just loose also the green top part.
it is a bit dusty needed to clean up some seems.
Especially the nose I just think mine was a bad one it have some bubbles in it and on the out side it was like a mm to big so that took some work but now flush with the rest.
I did not install the PE of the intakes after one fight I gave up lol now it is not visible but I made the interior on the inner ones and the outer ones are the parts ready I glue them in there later first need to spray Chrome in those black holes.
Now the engine covers are terrible to install and the missing fire wall gives it a see through that especially after painting really noticeable is so that need to be fixed.
I just love the fine detail only on top of the spine some rivets need to be a bit deeper so very relaxing job hehe.
SAM_1062_zps811fceaa.jpg

SAM_1063_zps5d61b5f5.jpg

SAM_1064_zps142bf399.jpg

SAM_1065_zps84a64239.jpg

SAM_1066_zps94535878.jpg

SAM_1067_zps664ac7b8.jpg

more....

• Like 1