Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

Fokker pair

Thanks.

Gaz:

I didn't use the Cartograf decals supplied in the kit but instead used decals from 'Aviattic' - the linen effect lozenge range for the Fokker D.VII.

Are you into Napoleonics as I think they are Prussians in your signature picture? 

Mike

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sandbagger said:

Are you into Napoleonics as I think they are Prussians in your signature picture? 

Mike

Mike,

I'm into Napoleonics in a big way, short of actually building miniatures...  though I have been contemplating 200MM scale figurines for some time.  I've pretty much read through as much of it as I could find over the years.

Gaz

• Like 1

Hi all,
The pre-rigging is done now so it's time to fit the upper wing,

Mike

predone1.jpg

predone2.jpg

predone3.jpg

predone4.jpg

tailrigdone.jpg

Hi Gaz,

I thought so.

I used to model 54 mm Napoleonic figures from 'Historex'. I built quite a few dioramas but only have these two left now,

model-1.jpg

model-2.jpg

• Like 5

Two very nice displays, Mike!  Kinda makes me want to dive in...  but i have so many models to build...lol.

Your rigging looks great!  I really need to open one of my WWI kits up and get cracking.

Gaz

• Like 1

Hi all,
The twin aileron control cables (with turnbuckles) that are routed from the cockpit and fuselage to the underside of the upper wing (both sides) are done.
Also the engine exhaust and propeller are now fitted,

Mike

twins.jpg

exhaustprop.jpg

• Like 2

• Administrators
On 2/28/2019 at 3:35 AM, sandbagger said:

This engine is the test bed for the second Fokker D.VII and will be more or less covered by the forward fuselage panels.
The next engine will be visible when I build the second aircraft, which will have the internal structure and engine etc totally exposed
I know it seems senseless to cover the detail on this engine, but at least I know it's there,

Mike

It never ceases to amaze me how far these big Mercs were ahead of their time. So many of the design of these engines were considered "cutting edge" technology in the 1950s.

Each time I build one of these models, I shake my head in amazement. 

Stunning work as usual, Mike'

It gives me an idea as well. I have the Shapeways Fokker D.ll wing warper skeleton, and didn't Classic Airframes or Rodent just come out with a D.ll wing warper as well? Hmmmm...

• Like 1