The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

New WNW kit! Gotha G1

smitty44

I bought them both, partly because I would like a complete set of kits from WNW and also because of my interest in these very early and dangerous machines. I enjoy the subject more as the object or machinery than the person who flew it etc.

• Like 2

• Administrators

I'm with Ryan on this one.  This machine must have been almost as likely to kill it's crew as it was to kill something it attempts to bomb.  I can't imagine trying to land this thing sitting 30 ft in the air and unable to see the actual ground while you try to set this behemoth down on four bicycle wheels while travelling at 45 mph. And if you screw up even in the slightest, it'll turn over on you and you'll smear your face across the airfield.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I guess my point is:  Why sell something that nobody even knows they want?  There are a lot of peeps who have wanted a lot of planes for years, but they've yet to see the light of day.  I haven't seen this bird on too many WNW wish lists.

• Like 2

From the viewpoint of wanting certain long overdue kits to be produced I can understand your motivation. What I like about the WNW approach is that they are determined and willing to produce kits they want to do. In times where everything is about marketing and polls, I like the courageous effort, they show once in a while with some of their releases. I do appreciate if there are companies out there who have a great passion for their subjects and like to be tempted by them.

Cheers Rob 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DannyVM

That guy at the controls of WNW are making more and more strange decisions. I wonder if he has still a full clear mind. But........gladly it is a W.W.1 subject and not a Star Wars X-wing fighter...........hopefully that so called sir.....peter isn't a Star Wars fan or we can write our W.W.1 subjects on our stomach.:2c::2c::2c::hsmack:

I applaud WnW for giving us modellers such amazing models, kits, works of art whatever you want call them. This I say thank you Sir Peter and your very talented staff. I think what “grinds my gears” the most is when people openly boast about having 80+ WnW.......for investment purposes only........no comment......whatever floats their boat but they’ll never make any money out of me.........:wallbash:

• Like 1