Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

A "Risky" build

1 hour ago, crazypoet said:

One of the key motivators I use for myself when i’m stuck is to say to myself “hey - it’s time to do something irrevocable!”

looks like you’ve done exactly that! 

:unworthy:

Yes sir, I'm in the deep end now with the racing wingtips. 

• Like 2

On 9/11/2019 at 10:26 PM, TJTX said:

Pretty close.   There's some differences with accessories colors but the red and bnf covers are spot on. 

Don't forget to add the outer spark plugs and leads, for some reason Tamiya didn't include tese on the Mustang and Spitfire not sure if there missing on the Mossie cause I don't have one. Not to hard to add though. Looking good so far.

Ron G 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CrankyCrafstman said:

Don't forget to add the outer spark plugs and leads, for some reason Tamiya didn't include tese on the Mustang and Spitfire not sure if there missing on the Mossie cause I don't have one. Not to hard to add though. Looking good so far.

Ron G 

I don't believe you can add those and still have the engine fit in the model.  The exhaust housing and framing takes up that space.

• Like 1

That’s it ! You inoculated the bug to me :raincloud: !

Now I have ordered a P-51 kit, to turn it into a racer, with some Draw Decals on it. I have ordered the SWS Mustang IV.

Why The Zoukei Mura kit? Because :

1) it is cheaper in Europe than the Tamiya one. With my experiences of the Portuguese Post, I did not want to dare some more exotic countries of origin.

2) this version has the 3 different canopies, and the two different propellers, so my choices remain open for which racer I will do ( although I am leaning strongly towards « Voodoo »)

You will take all the blame. Plus I will also order the California Fire Dpt decals for my OV-10 A kit. Will you send me food vouchers when I am poor, because of your bad influence :lol: ?

Keep the great work coming :thumbsup2: !

Hubert 

• Like 3

That's awesome news Hubert! I think you will greatly enjoy contemplating then executing the mods and abnormal paint scheme to bring a racer to life.  The 3rd civilian project I'm starting puts my racers to shame on how much plastic cutting and scratch building it'll require but, I have mojo like I haven't in over a year.  Building the "one off" type aircraft really is a blast and adds some life to the display case. 

Side note: My Christmas raffle donation this year is of course racer inspired!

• Like 2