The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

A "Risky" build

I had an absolute blast building the Bardahl Special mustang, and just couldn't wait to start another Reno bird.  I quickly went to the Draw Decals website to peruse my available options following that build.   When I saw "Risky Business", I new I had found the next build.   Shiny and sleek, I just couldn't resist.   One of the best things is there aren't a ton of modifications needed for this bird.  A little work to sharpen the spinner, and possibly some wingtip mods along with the cockpit work.  I'm not entirely sure how the cockpit on RB looked yet, but I'll figure something out.  I ordered another Mustang from Tamiya so I can save my Pacific Theater kit for my Enchantress build. As soon as the kit arrives I'll get started.  Anyways, heres the aircraft I'll be building:

20190903_211202.jpg

20190903_211232.jpg

• Like 6

40 minutes ago, Ryan said:

When I saw Risky Business all I could think about building was Rebecca De Mornay. Not sure is this even makes sense, but all the pieces are there. :)

Ryan

I get ya on that one!

i’m looking Forward to seeing a Mustang in Civvies, even is it’s not a risky female actor...

• Like 3

Thanks gents.  Hubert, you hit the nail on the head.  She'll be wearing foil for certain.   I'll probably try the white Mark suggested for Bardahl on the wings.  The one thing I haven't decided on yet is the wingtips.   I've seen RB wearing 3 different wingtips with this color scheme.   Normal, cropped, and the flaired racing tips.  I love the flaired tips, I'm just very uncertain of how to build them.  Anyone with any ideas is more than welcome to point me in the right direction. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ryan said:

When I saw Risky Business all I could think about building was Rebecca De Mornay. Not sure is this even makes sense, but all the pieces are there. :)

Ryan

You weren't the only one apparently. I still like the line about the  U-boat captain.

Carl

• Like 3

My bench board is ready and my Mustang is officially shipped from Tamiya USA.  I look forward to implementing the lessons learned on Bardahl to real make this one pop! And I'm overly excited about the polished aluminum look.

20190907_183251.jpg

• Like 7

Why, oh why,  did you mention the Draw decals site ? I went there, and now I am tempted to get one or more Mustangs !

As if my stash needed more kits !

I am almost tempted to jinx your build, so that you do not tempt any more than now :) 

Hubert

• Like 4

That's what happened to me Hubert.  I was just curious to see what they had.  Then I found Bardahl,  and then I found Risky Business,  and I still go back and look at all the others.  There's so many great schemes there! And the decals go down great, just remember the big ones dont slide so well so make sure you get them pretty close to correct on the initial placement.   I'm building The Enchantress after Risky Business but then I'll do more racers.

• Like 3

Also, do it....do it.....do it.....

We need more non-standard builds in the model world.  I'm planning on having 2 at 2020 nationals, Ernie will have at least 1 if not 2, I think Mark mentioned bringing 1, now Hubert you can build 1 too! Remember,  Tamiya USA has the Mustang on sale for $99 shipped. 

• Like 3

The most important part of the build has arrived! I also went ahead and ordered HGW seatbelts.  I had extra Archer rivets but those apparently got accidentally tossed in my great spares box clean out last week.  I'm so mad about that!! I'll work on the engine starting this evening.   RB carried a pretty neat looking red engine with polished aluminum covers.  I'll close up half the nose and leave half open to show off the unique engine colors.   

20190911_162914.jpg

• Like 5