Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

H 34

Started on the chain link fence around the red and white field building. Only a small portion of the building will be seen behind the fence in the corner. This is happens when I start looking at top model shows like the one in Bron...so many talented modelers beside the wood base won't be here for another week so I am stuck messing around building stuff. 

IMG_7958.jpeg

IMG_7964.jpeg

IMG_7963.jpeg

IMG_7966.jpeg

• Like 6

Wow, your 1/32 toolbox looks better then my 1/1 box. You are really in a league of your own, fantastic scratch build abilities, building and painting as well. I like how your paintjobs look super realistic, but somehow have a trademark look of yours. 

Cheers Rob

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Oliver

Nice work on laying lot the components. The gate and wall are shaping up quite nicely. So glad you decided on the large base as more real estate the better - also, a lot more work. 

:construction: 

• Like 1

Started on the building.

i used Tamiya light Grey primer first then some shading in flat black and red brown, sanded smooth before the flat white coat.

2 thin coats of Flat white then applied Vallejo Grey white and sanded that coat smooth. I will let this dry for several days before  applying the flat red  squares. I did not want to push the shading too much at this stage. 
I did finish building the gates, I had to make level so extented the  poles at the bottom.

I will add some signage on the gates and the building as well.

IMG_8135.jpeg

IMG_8133.jpeg

IMG_8134.jpeg

IMG_8136.jpeg

IMG_8137.jpeg

IMG_8138.jpeg

IMG_8139.jpeg

• Like 9

Well, that did not go as planned. 
Masking the red squares took a while since I had to cut every square to size. 
The red paint bled all over the white, I think I used an old wide tape roll so it did not stick well. This looks real  bad to me so I will try to clean it up. I will have  to mask every white squares and respray white.   I think making individual squares was a mistake, I believe the door frame  and the AC exhaust should have been added after the red and white square job in order to run a clean tape pattern.  

IMG_8155.jpeg

IMG_8156.jpeg

IMG_8157.jpeg

IMG_8158.jpeg

IMG_8159.jpeg

IMG_8160.jpeg

IMG_8161.jpeg

IMG_8162.jpeg

• Like 6

Irritating as it must be, I can't imagine that real checkerboard markings are perfect. Leaving a little bleed in evidence might actually increase realism?

• Like 3

I can really imagine a sarge giving private Doe a pot of red paint and a brush « Now paint me some red checkers on that wall ! And you’ve got to finish by tomorrow, or you will do 50 pushups ! »

Not sure that private Doe will have used a ruler, pencil and masking tape … ;)

Hubert

• Like 4