The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

MiniArt U.S. Bulldozer

• 1 year later...

Well last weekend was the first competition for NJ IPMS (New Jersey) in 2 years.  The hall was crowded with lots of entries everyone built up over the last two years.  I entered two items, the U.S Bulldozer from above and a 1/48 P-51D-5.  I entered the bulldozer in the trucks/commercial vehicles.  I though maybe it had a chance at 3rd place.  I have won 3rd place finished for a tractor 4 years ago in this category.  So, I thought maybe, especially after all of the encouraging comments you gave me.

Well, in the truck/commercial vehicle category I got first place.  I was shocked.  After that I thought well that is it.  I actually thought about leaving.  Turns out, good thing I did not.  They then went into the special awards categories and then they called my name for Best Civilian: US Bulldozer.  WOW.  again I was surprised.  These are firsts for me.  I am sure a lot of you place high in a lot of competitions with all of the great models I see here.  I think this got me motivated to get back to work on my M4A3E8 Sherman with interior.

Did I mention the vendor room!!!  I always spend too much.

Tim

NJ IPMS MosquitoCon 29.png

Awards.jpg

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Axeman said:

Well last weekend was the first competition for NJ IPMS (New Jersey) in 2 years.  The hall was crowded with lots of entries everyone built

Congratulations Tim a very worthy winner. I’ve never ever entered any of my builds and probably have little chance as there are no clubs even close to me…what did you get in the vendor area…….

• Like 1