The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

Fw190 A5

Ok, she is all primed ! Next will be some pre shading. One big problem came up, the engin has come loose. Any ideas on how to glue it ? It won't come out....harv

20210806_174253.jpg

20210806_174308.jpg

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, harv said:

Ok, she is all primed ! Next will be some pre shading. One big problem came up, the engin has come loose. Any ideas on how to glue it ? It won't come out....harv

20210806_174253.jpg

20210806_174308.jpg

Priming looks good Harv!

That’s really sh… that the engine became loose.

I would add some plastic pieces to the inside where they are barely visible from outside and glue the engine to it. 

No chance to remove the outer ring on the engine?

• Like 4

Excuses excuses :)  , you won't get away that easily my friend.  C'mon Harvey that cowling and the wing fairing needs some love. You know how I feel about Fockewulfs. ( Every time you won't fill a seam on 190, God kills one puppy. The cutest one!  :) )

Focke-Wulf-Fw-190A5-Stab-I.JG1-Rolf-Stro

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, harv said:

20210806_174253.jpg

20210806_174308.jpg

Isn’t the engine supposed to be like that? You know, thrust vectoring, and the like. The A-5 could roll right better than any other WW II fighter! 🤪

Cheers,    
Wolf

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Wolf beat me to it. These German engineers had their ways to get the planes turn tighter :D
If there is no way to remove the cowlings, without colateral damage, I would drill a hole from the underside, where the engine mount should be, big enough, to insert a glue brush. Filling the hole is the easier part then.

Cheers Rob

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Well I was planning on doing some AB work today, but one step outside told me no. Missouri heat and humidity 😩. But I did bring my AB in and will give a good cleaning......harv

20210809_155604.jpg

• Like 7

10 hours ago, harv said:

Well I was planning on doing some AB work today, but one step outside told me no. Missouri heat and humidity 😩. But I did bring my AB in and will give a good cleaning......harv

Why not airbrushing, more humidity means less dust mostly, guess how I know.

Cheers Rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 2