The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

paying it forward....

Jeff

So , today was or is a real nice day, and I thought I would take Cathy for a spin in the new truck to a small town about 50 miles west of here, ( we had 'copins' for Mac D's, I KNOW how to show a girl a good time... ;) ) .... so nice drive over, not a huge amount of idiots on the road to deal with..... fiddled around town a little bit and on the way out of town stopped at Tim Horton's ( doughnut shop ) drive through... can't go in the store for obvious reasons... anyway, we order stuff ( NO I don't need a doughnut, but what the Hell eh??) I get to the window, and the guy says here's you order you're good to go... I handed him 20 bucks, and he said naw, you are good to go, the guy in front of you paid for your order............... I immediately called BS, and he said nope all good, he did in fact pay for your order..... I have NO idea who he was, couldn't give a description of the car if my life depended on it, but HOLY COW I was surprised....... never had that happen before............... so I said to the guy behind the window and his mask, that I would be MORE than happy to pay it forward, and pay for the guy behind us for HIS order........ which I happily did................. wow, in this turbulent world, there are still some very nice folks.................... I am only hopeful that the guy behind me paid for the guy behind him................... any of you guys have that happen?? This was an absolute FIRST for me I'll tell you..................  tell us your , pay it forward story.....

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

That is so nice to hear Jeff, especially after what I have been through in past day or two .... A barber screwed up my hair today and yesterday, when seasoned mechanic told me that he cannot adjust caster and camber on my Jeep, because it is set solid out of factory. I sent him back to school and asked for refund, Imagine that frustration. 

However, that you for sharing this, you made my evening better :unworthy:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Martinnfb said:

That is so nice to hear Jeff, especially after what I have been through in past day or two .... A barber screwed up my hair today and yesterday, when seasoned mechanic told me that he cannot adjust caster and camber on my Jeep, because it is set solid out of factory. I sent him back to school and asked for refund, Imagine that frustration. 

Geez Martin............... WTF ? so lets see the new Hair Doo...:hsmack:............... whats with the no front end adjustments..........?/ I have never heard of that, so what is the plan now??  Glad I could help with easing your frustration a little bit...... it sure was a surreal experience , even Cathy was blown away...... and we were really happy to pay for the guy behind us too.... I looked in the rear view mirror, and he had a surprised look on his face like I did, too funny, and fun to do it...

• Like 4

Not something like this but I've had people send me modelling items from all over the world that I've asked for ,without asking any payment or post. I always pay it forward by helping other modellers with their requests when I can for free too.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, BradG said:

Not something like this but I've had people send me modelling items from all over the world that I've asked for ,without asking any payment or post. I always pay it forward by helping other modellers with their requests when I can for free too.

I hear you there, Brad, I'm trying to do the same thing, with some of my stash I will never build.... some folks are generous and thoughtful..... restores my concern with human nature.... for the better...

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I hear you there, Brad, I'm trying to do the same thing, with some of my stash I will never build.... some folks are generous and thoughtful..... restores my concern with human nature.... for the better...

My two boys have been receipients of your generosity Jeff and Harv's too. To them , it's like Christmas when they see one of the boxes you've sent them. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

I use to hear that all the time with the '94-'04 Mustangs.  When the factory assembled the car, the top adjuster had one little pop rivet they used to hold things together for assembly.  All a shop had to do was simply drill it out with an 1/8" drill bit and move on.  But I guess it was easier to just not do the work.

• Like 3

I have been on both sides here and out in the world. One of the great things about where I live is everyone is very patriotic.  So have paid for others meals and in turn others have paid ours. If I may I would like to share a story. Bev and I had finished eating lunch at a very well known college. We were sitting in the car and this gentleman come over to the car to thank me for my service( which happens a lot here). He hands me a dollar bill. Just an old one dollar bill and tells me he never served. But he had lots of good friends that never made it back. It was his way of thanking me and showing respect. By now we both in tears. When I got back in my car, I noticed Bev was wiping her eyes also. That dollar Bill is on my dresser mirror and think of him and his friends that didn't make it back. Ok, gotta go....harv

20200911_101905.jpg

• Like 5

That's AWESOME , Harv........................... wow, what a cool story to tell.....  if you have more please share them, always good to read something that folks do that are caring and nice, especially these turbulent days...... glad you kept the dollar bill..... cool...

• Thanks 1