Playing in the Sandbox Group Build Sept 1, 2024 - Jn 1, 2025

"Tanks of Fury"

JohnB

If any of you have the Smithsonian Channel take a look at the above named video. All about how they made the movie "Fury". Very interesting. Too bad the ending of the movie was pure fiction. Still, well worth watching. :) :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, GazzaS said:

I'm totally off recent Hollywood war movies.  Just lost interest in the BS factor.

Me too, Gaz, but this one is especially good, I took Cathy and she was on the edge of her seat through the whole thing and really enjoyed it. The above video shows how they did some of the movie and some of the scenes were taken from real veterans experiences, and the documentary video is really done well too, most interesting I thought......

• Like 2

the final scene

few questions

- how come Brad Pitt doesn't age

- why did the Tiger leave his ambush position and help the Shermans to close the distance. 88th could pick them up , one by one

- why the Tiger shot the last Sherman in the column and not the first one?

- why does easy 8 has to take position from the rear, if the high velocity gun could be effective much earlier?

- why are they swearing so much?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bomber_County said:

I tried to watch Dunkirk..........IMHO absolutely BS as said before..........luckily I was on a flight, so just turned it off after 20 minutes.........

Some of Dunkirk had merit.  And the small boats parts were pretty good.

• Like 1

Have to agree with Phil. Dunkirk was just another example of Nolan trying to prove how smart he is and damn whether it's a coherent story.

As for Tenet... pure garbage. Simple fundamental of physics, the Second Law of Thermodynamics is irrefutable. No matter how smart he thinks it might make his story, entropy cannot run backwards! Junk!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I couldn't stand Fury, Apart from the fact it looked like star wars with all the coloured tracers, that battle with the Tiger was just rubbish. The whole thing about having to get behind the Tiger, like mate, you're in an easy8, you could penetrate a tiger at fighting distances let alone at 50 yards you'd blow right though the frontal plate!

2 hours ago, Bomber_County said:

I keep seeing trailers for Midway, all CGI and aircraft doing pretty impossible aerobatics for the era............no thank you..........now a film like Twelve o’clock High, that’s a film.......

I can't help but laugh looking at the tiny little hooks holding the bombs on the devastator...and bombs on a devastator with a torpedo is another laugh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1