The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/32 Tamiya F-16 Thunderbird kit.....sold on eBay for $450

ScottsGT

Well, that was surprising to see the sold auctions.  Someone did a BIN for $450. Seems they are bringing $325 to $450.   I think I might have to try selling on eBay again.   I’m hard pressed to build a kit that’s been in the stash all these years knowing it’s bringing that kind of change.   I still have an extra set of decals so I can build the two seater from a SUFA kit. 

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

I was just reading on another forum where someone was asking about selling on eBay.  Apparently the rates have gone up quite a bit. Not only do they charge sellers sales tax, but if I sold an item, the % they take also includes sales tax and shipping costs.  Seller loses something like 12% off the top.   So many scammers, I think I’ll just build it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 4 months later...

I have one of these, boxed as new  all bags sealed with an extensive collection of aftermarket including Aires and Czechmaster Cockpits and Wheelbay sets plus Eduard exterior, seat and placard sets. Moved into R/C now so considering selling it

• Like 3

On 5/12/2021 at 2:52 AM, ScottsGT said:

LOL!  I moved from RC back to plastic.  I sometimes still miss it too. 

I always fancied doing an R/C Tank, and finally took on the Tamiya 1/16 all option King Tiger. I then decided to put metal tracks on it with all that entails including hull strengthening, drive axle supports, rear idler tensioner and a lot of other stuff. Plus I really wanted to do it justice so bought in some Aber sets. Must admit, enjoying it so far! Too many plastic kits have spent years stashed away unbuilt including F16. 

• Like 4

On 5/12/2021 at 5:24 PM, Peterpools said:

I went from plastic kits to photography, then model railroading, plastic kits,  photography and plastic kits - all over nearly 50 years.

Keep 'em comin

Peter

Well if we want to get specific....(LOL!) I have Photography thrown into the mix myself.  Models as a kid, early teen years/9th grade got into photography then cars (completely forgot about models at this time since I caught the fumes- Gas fumes from cars and perfumes from the girls!)  Caught my wife around '88 and got involved in RC while we were dating/early years of marriage.  Hung onto that hobby until I gave up because I never could go flying due to taking care of kids on the weekend while she worked. Bought a few rifles around '94, went shooting at a local range now and then.  Around '99 I sold it all off and bought my '66 Mustang GT project and a few models in between along with picking up a few guns here and there.  Mustang is about done, I think I've reached burn out stage where I need to drive it or sell it.  Around '07 I got back into photography. Canon 5D Classic, L lenses, 7D, etc... Now I think I'm getting too old to haul all this heave gear around.   Might sell it all off along with the '66.   Of course with the new home and all the wild life around me, I might pick the cameras back up again soon.

• Like 3