The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends July 3, 2024 ×

1/24 scale Daimler Ferret (Kit Form Services resin kit)

PeteF

Finished except for antennas and rear view mirrors. Excellent kit, first time building a resin kit, first armor kit I've done. Models a 1959 Ferret that we purchased and is under mechanical restoration in Texas.

FR view.jpg

34 FR view.jpg

FL view closed.jpg

Side open view.jpg

FR right view closed.jpg

Side FL open view.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Link to WIP thread. So much of it was fitting small pieces that it was hard to document it meaningfully. Much different than an aircraft model in that the large assemblies were pre made and all the time was in attaching things that were mostly complete but of which there were a zillion fiddly ones.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 9/12/2021 at 10:30 PM, Clunkmeister said:

Pete, being that you’re in Arizona and this is in Texas, could you just not fit a real 1919?  They’re certainly out there..

Awesome job, BTW, and good to see you building 

They’re too expensive just to have a barrel poking out and the mount in the turret is for a GPMG. The 1911 mounts are impossible to get because they were all removed and trashed when they were replaced by GPMGs.

• Administrators
On 9/19/2021 at 9:04 AM, PeteF said:

They’re too expensive just to have a barrel poking out and the mount in the turret is for a GPMG. The 1911 mounts are impossible to get because they were all removed and trashed when they were replaced by GPMGs.

Yeah I hear you there. Real air cooled tax stamp 1919s sell for around 30-35.  For that money, I’d have a 34, a 42, or an MG3, even though they’re still active duty all over the world. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...