The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Some PCM kits in stock

BlrwestSiR

Wheels and Wings have a number of PCM kits listed in stock. 

They've got the Ta-152, FW-190 ad some of the Italian planes listed. Prices seem reasonable too. 

I just thought it would be worth mentioning as I know some of the subjects are hard to find. 

https://www.wheelswingsestore.com/products-added-on-january-20-2021

Carl

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• BlrwestSiR changed the title to Some PCM kits in stock

Limited run-style plastic with Spartan parts count; overall fairly accurate outlines and dimensions, with some engraved panel details but no alignment pins for assembly. Most kits contain resin cockpits, wheels and some motor details to bolster the parts count. Great decals, with multiple options for most boxings.

Not for beginners, but excellent results can be achieved with much application of effort and patience. 

S

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

For me, they seemed to be cursed. I've built two of their kits so far, the Spitfire IX and the Hurricane. I didn't have any significant issues getting either together but both got dropped when almost finished by accident. Smashed into enough pieces that they weren't worth fixing. I still have 3 of their Spitfire XIV kits to do so I definitely like them. Hopefully I break the curse by then. 

Carl

• Like 4

The one-piece resin cowling in my example of the MC 200 kit was warped into an oval shape. I tried to get a replacement through both the Australian distributor and PCM, only to be told that none were available, and none would be made available. Subsequently, I  on-sold it at a swap meet for a much reduced price.

This makes me curious to find where these kits have been sourced, especially as Kitlinx aren't showing most of these as available on their site.

S

• Like 3

They're listed as new so I wonder if they were found in some distributor's warehouse. 

I remember talking to a guy who worked at Aoshima and they found a full skid load of Mad Max V8 Interceptor kits. This was well after they'd been discontinued so HLJ bought them all and promptly sold every one. 

Carl

• Like 3

Thanks Ernie.

My canopy broke halfway through the work. PCM sent me a replacement within 4 days , I think they were watching the work on Swanny's forum!

image.thumb.jpeg.d3b83388f2027b5113a8f097e65dd2f5.jpeg

I have many of their kits. I remember they came in and began the upgrade to what was then available in 1/32 . Certainly they paved the way for the Tamiya Spits and the ongoing 1/32 trend. Classy packaging , cool instructions , nice resin , clear parts accurate moulding etc , what more could a guy want?

The 152 was a real fun one to do , I have the early Hurri up next .

With the close examination of the parts , I concluded PCM supplies more plastic than needed. This too after watching some work get done on the Hurri,; one guy had it slathered in putty , blaming the kit , I though no way I'm gonna do that ! Other guys had it put together well enough , but I remember the 152 ; cutting away plastic to make the parts fit optimally.

Just my own personal observation.

• Like 4

Remember this shiny thing? 

2Q6afK.jpg

q8IH9e.jpg

1pbRYN.jpg

q69XM4.jpg

This was my Ta-152C repurposed post war as a racing plane.  If you wanna make rivets...  PCM is for you.

You will either have to shave the IP to get it to fit...  or make your fuselage sides perilously thin.  Or both as I've done

Here: 

Not sure why a me-262 is showing there...  but it is my PCM FW 190 WIP.

Just think of it as an upscaled 1/48 kit...  and you won't be too disappointed.  LG detail is soft, and worst of all for a 1/32 aircraft....  the tailwheel and strut are molded together.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, krow113 said:

I have both and its a tough call picking which one to do!

PCM gets the nod at this point.

I did their Hurricane as well. The metal wing one. I found that it needed test fitting but if you did it it really eliminated a lot of the putty work I saw on some builds. 

I pretty sure my Spitfire had hardly any putty on it. No shake and bake but enjoyable all the same.

• Like 4

I'm on the painting stage of my PCM Tempest and starting to clean up parts on my Fabric wing Hurricane. I nearly gave up on the Tempest but persevered and it has come out great.

The problem was that I have got used to Hasegawa and other modern kits and going back to the test fit, sand, test fit, sand, repeat routine was a bit lengthy and boring.

But it looks good so far which is good as I have lots of their kits which when they came out were really welcome as they made kits of subjects that had hardly figured in 1/32 scale.

PCM Hawker Tempest (70).JPG

Cheers

Dennis

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators
7 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

Would a Hasegawa A8 canopy work? I think I have one here. 

No, unfortunately it won’t.  I have those and the Revell as well. Tried them all, but PCM only will fit. The size is the same, it’s just a different style hood for the very early 190s.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spitfire said:

I'm on the painting stage of my PCM Tempest and starting to clean up parts on my Fabric wing Hurricane. I nearly gave up on the Tempest but persevered and it has come out great.

The problem was that I have got used to Hasegawa and other modern kits and going back to the test fit, sand, test fit, sand, repeat routine was a bit lengthy and boring.

But it looks good so far which is good as I have lots of their kits which when they came out were really welcome as they made kits of subjects that had hardly figured in 1/32 scale.

PCM Hawker Tempest (70).JPG

Cheers

Dennis

I just got the Tempest from Krow in the Christmas raffle so that's one more for me. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, BlrwestSiR said:

I just got the Tempest from Krow in the Christmas raffle so that's one more for me. 

I only gave it up cuz I have an MDC Typhoon !, and a Fisher anniversary Sea Fury!

No way all three will get built in my lifetime!

Honest!

lol!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, krow113 said:

I only gave it up cuz I have an MDC Typhoon !, and a Fisher anniversary Sea Fury!

No way all three will get built in my lifetime!

Honest!

lol!

Lol, I sold my MDC Tiffie but still have the Fisher Sea Fury as well. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Clunkmeister said:

No, unfortunately it won’t.  I have those and the Revell as well. Tried them all, but PCM only will fit. The size is the same, it’s just a different style hood for the very early 190s.  

Well, this might be an expansive way to get one then. 

https://www.wheelswingsestore.com/pcm32011-pacific-coast-models-1-32-fw-190a-1-2-3

• Like 3