The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Beautiful Alaskan Summers

SapperSix

Its been a long few months of work and play up here in AK.  I wanted to share the absolutely beautiful place I am so lucky to live in.  A short video of work in Central AK and some pictures of fun in Homer AK.  The mountains and warm days have been a real joy.

Homer AK for some family time and fishing.

IMG_5298.thumb.JPG.378e79f740608237b6814dd2379851c4.JPG

IMG_5297.thumb.JPG.e3106c036163434c632531db6fcabffa.JPG

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing that Frank.................. Alaska is Paradise for sure, can't wait to get back up there.............. and Alaska in retirement is all the better..... hope you are well, my friend, enjoy those beautiful days in that most wonderful land !

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Jeff said:

Thanks for sharing that Frank.................. Alaska is Paradise for sure, can't wait to get back up there.............. and Alaska in retirement is all the better..... hope you are well, my friend, enjoy those beautiful days in that most wonderful land !

I have a ton more pictures, just didn't want to go crazy and I haven't organized all my pictures just yet.  I love the summers up here, the winters can be long in the tooth to be sure.  Sorry that I haven't written in a while, I am behind on a few threads.  I have net access on occasion, mostly for short periods of time and so I peak in at most.  With the long days and multiple mission requirements post and pre operation, I am booked....but I am at home now for a good while.   "Retirement" has been incredible, just being home more than gone is one of a million improvements.  Take care Jeff.

9 hours ago, Martinnfb said:

Amazing, thank you for sharing, the place looks like forgotten paradise .

Cheers

Martin

There is more here than a man can see in a lifetime Martin.  There is great joy in going walkabout in the bush up here.  Some of the animals and herds are something to behold.  Cheers.

8 hours ago, harv said:

Awesomsauce! Cheers Frank ! ....harv

Anytime you feel like coming up Harv....

2 hours ago, GazzaS said:

Thank you Frank.  Great images.

Your very welcome.  I see you have been very busy while I was out and about.  I will be catching up in the coming week.  see you at the bench.  I hope all is well down under.  Go Eels!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 7/3/2021 at 8:55 PM, harv said:

I can see how much you love it there. Don't temp me brother....harv

Harv, there is NOTHING not to love in Alaska, if you and Bev haven't gone yet, put it on your bucket list, I can guarantee you will NOT be disappointed, and it does call you back, it is absolutely spectacular, and the people are most welcoming..... Cathy and I have been 5 times and can't wait to go again, ...... it is a completely different world..... in the most fantastic way.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1