The Great LSM Twins Group Build ends Aug 31, 2024 ×

Revell Spitfire II New Test shot pics

Anyone heard anything about the New tool Spit from Revell? Haven't even seen test shots or Box art yet and it was scheduled for release in August! Im hoping its more like their JU88 rather than the He219.

Its supposed to be a MkII, strange choice but surely an easy backdate to a Mk1? 20 euros is very reasonable tho!

http://www.revell-shop.ch/militr-flugzeuge-von-1920-1949/4046973-revell-03986-spitfire-mk-ii-1-32-4009803039862.html

Anyone heard anything about the New tool Spit from Revell? Haven't even seen test shots or Box art yet and it was scheduled for release in August! Im hoping its more like their JU88 rather than the He219.

Its supposed to be a MkII, strange choice but surely an easy backdate to a Mk1? 20 euros is very reasonable tho!

http://www.revell-shop.ch/militr-flugzeuge-von-1920-1949/4046973-revell-03986-spitfire-mk-ii-1-32-4009803039862.html

Latest web intel/guess? is fourth quarter of 2013.

I too am waiting for this kit, the 109 got a very fair review so I'm hoping the Spitty will be of the same calibre.

Here's hoping! 

i too am really looking forward to this

one more piece of the Battle of Britain jigsaw falls into place!

and of course if it is really good kit, I reckon you will see aftermarket conversions to MkV, which is where, from most people's perspective, all the juicy marking options are

personally i quite like the BoB ones, even though i can understand they are a bit plain for some

• Like 4

i too am really looking forward to this

one more piece of the Battle of Britain jigsaw falls into place!

and of course if it is really good kit, I reckon you will see aftermarket conversions to MkV, which is where, from most people's perspective, all the juicy marking options are

personally i quite like the BoB ones, even though i can understand they are a bit plain for some

I'm in your camp with this one Nick! ... There is just SOMETHING about that classical, sleek, elegant shape of the Mk.I's and II's ... even with the crappy jamming armament upgrade 'a' variants ;)

Similarly - with 109 E's 1,3 or 4 of that era ... the later ones add plenty - but somehow lose that little 'something' as well ...

Now all we need is a freaking DORNIER (sorry - that rant just appears at every opportunity!) and a BPD ... not too much outstanding from the BoB otherwise I would think???

Rog

• Like 1

I think the way Revell mould their kits we will see Mk V's a plenty. I'd like to see a Vc done properly, maybe some early Seafires?

What I'd really like is a proper Hurricane, preferably by Tamiya rather than Hobbyboss or Revell etc

Dunno if a Tamiya Hurricane will ever become a reality ... Try checking out the PCM one, though. I have one on order - but there are plenty of decent reviews on it

• Like 1

Dunno if a Tamiya Hurricane will ever become a reality ... Try checking out the PCM one, though. I have one on order - but there are plenty of decent reviews on it

Are you sure about that??? Just look at what engines Tamiya have been tooled already...

• Like 2

Doogs you going off the Canadian museum Tamiya have visited to get all their recent über kit measurements from?

There was a Hurricane, and a 109 E (I think it was an E?)...amongst other things of course, but Bob Swaddling would not let on precisely which other aircraft was / were measured...

Pretty sure it's gonna come from that visit though recent history is anything to go by.

• Like 1

If my information is correct (and it may well not be), Tamiya's next 1/32 will NOT be Merlin-powered. Not to say it'll never happen...

Hmmm Matt, what did you hear? Is what your hearing powered by a engine thats starts with DB?

Then its totally different to what I have heard...

... My info does state emphatically that the next kit will NOT be running a DB...

... so not 'Merlin powered' and not 'DB' ... mmmmmm?????

Well ... that would mean no Spit, Hurricane or Messerschmitt ...

If it IS Luftwaffe ... and no-one has said that it is! ... That would leave the FW-190 and Me-262 in mainstream

Unless they're the ones who take the punt by going twin engined ... and do my Dornier 17z *sigh!*

yes ... I know ... and pigs may one day evolve wings!

Rog :)

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Some test shot pics on hyper scale now, I've mixed feelings at the moment, the rivets dont look great and a wooden instrument panel!? On the plus side the Dehavilland spinner looks correct (finally!?) and the later elevators hint at later marks.

http://www.hyperscale.com/2014/reviews/kits/spitfireiirevell32previewmn_1.htm

Looks like the old Trumpy rivet maker found a new job working on this kit ;)   I think a good coat of Mr Surfacer as a primer should tone them down a bit.

As for the IP, I'll wait for the Eduard one and use that anyway.  The windscreen looks interesting, attaching the armored glass should be fun, I would prefer to just have two different windscreens.

Doug